Hollywood Senior Single Stage Aluminum Press

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by woodyplacks, Jun 30, 2011.

1. woodyplacks

woodyplacks New Member

:)Greetings Gentlemen, Two days ago, while at my favorite gun shop, I bought an all aluminum, [except for the linkage, handle, and large die bushing, a single stage Hollywood press that has senior written on it. From the bottom of the die plate to the top of the shell plate, is about 5 1/2", and the die plate has a large steel bushing so it takes standard dies. It came with an rcbs shell adapter so that any shell holders can be used.The bluing is gone from the handle, and most of the black paint is gone from the die plate head. The linkage is still tight, with two extra holes in the upper arms to swage? Taking it apart for cleaning was easy, but I did not attempt to take off the die plate head to be able to take off the shell plate. After I finish cleaning it, I plan to repaint it, probably with rustoleum hammered black. There is a small screw in the base of the press that the handle covers up when it is all the way down. It is like a filler screw; what the heck is it for? Was a bumper offered at one time for the handle? How rugged are these aluminum presses? This is the first press I`ve had that wasn`t cast iron. There is enough room for 50 bmg, but what with it being aluminum, I don`t think I would try it. It doesn`t have a steel reinforcement rod either. What is the opinion of these aluminum presses, as far as durability? Any and all helpful comments, suggestions, etc. are much appreciated. What did I pay for the press?...$35.00 total! Thanks, Art.:)
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Sweet! where are the pictures??
  3. woodyplacks

woodyplacks New Member

I don`t even have a camera to take pictures; that`s why I posted such a lengthy explanation.........sorry about that..Art
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Its ite i guess...;)

I love old presses. Freebore, a member here, rebuilds old presses. Makes them look new again. He did a Leib 2 stage a year or 2 ago that I STILL want..