Holographic vs. Red Dot Sight

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by Bubblehead, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Daffyd

Daffyd Member

I choose the EOTech 512 as well, and picked up a GG&G Quick Detach Mount. It's a great system, and sits on my Armalite M15A4. I'm going to snag the EOTech Lens Covers from GG&G first chance I get. They have printing that says "Front Toward Enemy" on the front cover. Gotta love it!
  2. Finster

Finster New Member

I got a clone eotech 552 with a top cover rail for my maadi ak, I went the cheap rout before I get a rail installed, and to my surprise it holds its zero while shooting and I can hit 1 gallon jugs at 225 yards standing with no problem. I do not recommend top rail dust cover cause it looses its zero after you take it off to clean and the clone I think is meant for airsoft guns though, I think I got really lucky on quality for sight and rail.
  3. Daffyd

Daffyd Member

I thought about getting a clone for my GSG-5, but ended up with an AIM Red/Green Aimpoint Clone! Not too bad! It holds zero on and off and works well in set up! Still have to shoot it, but looking forward to it!

Just a little update! I finally got the GG&G Lens Cover from Optics Planet for my EOTech 512, and love it! "Front Towards Enemy" version! Popped the battery compartment off to install it and the Duracell batteries had leaked inside. They were only 6 months old. Made a mess of the internals! Luckily Brownells had the replacement for only $20. Had it in 3 days and we're back up and running! Moral of the story - "Check your batteries often or take them out when in long term storage! :D
  4. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

Nice Finster, I got one too for my Ak and can pop clays at 100 yards all day long.
  5. Finster

Finster New Member

Nice, Holographic sights are the way to go.
  6. jce07a

jce07a New Member

first is my AR-15 with the EOTech xps2-2 and how the reticle looks (its real hard to get a decent pic of the reticle due to my camera)

second is my plinker M&P15-22 with a short tube red dot

eotech=something like $400
    red dot=$35

Attached Files:

7. jce07a

jce07a New Member

i also have a longer tube red dot but dont like it as much. it retails for $110

Attached Files: