holster suggestions

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by John'sWife, Jan 15, 2011.

1. John'sWife

John'sWife Former Guest

Hello! I am considering buying a 38 caliber revolver. My problem is this.... I don't know what kind of holster to use. I want something that is easy to get the gun in and out of and something that is comfortable. I am small framed and right handed.I am not interested in paddle holsters as they are not comfortable to sit down with for me. Normally I do not wear a belt and I wear skirts that normally do not have pockets. I do not want cross draw. any suggestions?
  2. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  3. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

howdy wife.

im looking forward to finding a solution for you. something that will help you be comfortable carrying more, now that you're 21... still just a pup though
  4. wuluf

wuluf New Member

5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

No pockets and no belt... you're not making it easy on us! :D

My wife (Christina, which I seem to be remembering is your name, too) has just now started wearing a belt for the first time in her life. Carrying on your waistline is pretty much impossible without a belt.

I know that John likes to open carry. If you like that idea, too, then a shoulder holster works just fine. It can work as a concealed holster, too, but it requires special clothing that I doubt is part of your normal wardrobe.

Honestly, your best bet may be sewing a holster to the inside of your purse/bag or something like that. I say to sew it in there so that it's more secure and always in exactly the same place. It's not ideal, but if you carry it all the time anyway, it may be a good option for you.
  6. johnlives4christ

actually i suggested a shoulder holster to her. she wears a coat when it's 80 degrees. always wears a hoodie or something so i think it would work well for her.

and yes her name is christina.
  7. John'sWife

John'sWife Former Guest

@Carne Frio, I checked out those links. The hipgrip looked pretty cool. The second one I'm not so interested in.

Sorry about that :D I'm kinda particular about my wardrobe. Sometimes I wear skirts with pockets but alot of times they don't have them. I could start wearing a belt sometimes but again alot of my clothes don't have belt loops. The sewing a holster in my purse sounds like a good idea. John has mentioned a shoulder holster but I don't know about that either because I'm thinking it would be binding up on me and be bulky. Thanks for all the suggestions, keep em comin!!
  8. Double Deuce

Double Deuce New Member

9. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

+ 1 on the Crossbreed. The clips are designed to hang on a belt but would probably work on the waistband of your pants also. If you don't use a belt then I would wear the pants snug to better support the gun/holster. I use the Mini-Tuck holster when carrying my .380. It's very comfortable.
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
  11. Airdale

Airdale Member

Nobody has mentioned a "belly band" would work fine if you wear loose blouses and don't hug alot.

Sportsmans guide has this concealed carry purse on sale (I bought one for my wife and she is impressed with the quality).
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=753470
  12. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

13. johnlives4christ

the purse is cool.... but none of them are big enough. she has to have one large enough to fit both a whole bathroom and kitchen and part of the bedroom!

someone once asked me, as i was complaining about her saddle back, "well how much of whats in there is yours?" i replied "only the money"
  14. John'sWife

John'sWife Former Guest

Those are some really great suggestions but I haven't seen anything yet that I think would suit me. Thanks for your comments!

I do not carry all that much stuff in my purse for your information John :)
  15. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I dont recommend carrying in your purse. You should always have it on your person since purses get sat down everywhere and even forgotten about sometimes. Usually they are a mess anyhow and you would be digging for your gun when you needed it. Also, a purse can be snatched away from you. So, I have to agree that you get a belly strap or a thunderwear holster. I have one that I bought to keep my little kel tec 380 backup in. I dont have a link to that holster, but I will try to find it and post it or take a pic of mine for you. It looks kinda like a sports cup strap and it goes under your pants and has a pouch for your gun and one for an extra mag. You just suck in your tummy and reach down and pull out your gun. Kinda like what a waitress uses around their waist. I also like the idea of sewing something in your clothes. That way, each garment is modified to fit. I found the link its www.thunderwear.com
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011