1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Holsters and Belts for CCW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by happygunner, Feb 25, 2006.

1. happygunner

happygunner New Member

Anyone care to exchange ideas on where to get the best quality holsters and belts for CCW?
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I make my own IWB holsters. I use a clip from an Uncle Mikes or such and cut the holster from worn boot tops. For a belt, I use 1-3/4" money belts. The extra thickness makes them stiff enough and the designs don't shout "GUNNY." :D

Pops
  3. "Best holster" is a very broad term, happy. It depends so very much on circumstances of carry, body shape, and personal preference. I certainly have my favorites but I daresay others would reject those choices for the very reasons I like them. For example, I am very fond of paddle holsters because I need to put on or remove my weapon so often during the day. I find them extremely convenient. The best paddle I've ever seen is the MSP made by Kramer. It's expensive ($145.00 in horsehide), but the most comfortable holster I've ever used. I usually find IWB holsters uncomfortable to wear, though I've encountered one I will use when I carry a J-frame .38. That's the Bianchi 100 Professional. Belt holsters are great if the clothing being worn will allow them to be used. I like the PS-6 made by Mernickle Leather in Nevada. It's light, handy, and secure.
  4. happygunner

happygunner New Member

My choice for a really good IWB holster is a Comp-Tac Pro Undercover I have three for a Glock23 a Kimber 1911 3"&4" they have been the quickest on and off also drawing and re-holstering is exact with being able to adjust the tightness. also their service is quick and they really stand behind their products.
    http://www.comp-tac.com/
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Happygunner,

This is the one that I use.

I like it just because of the fact that there is no strap to hold it in. I have ridden my bike, jumped on the trampoline and never once was concerned about it coming out of its holster! The only real draw back is that there is no holder of an extra clip.

As a matter of fact, I usually forget that it is there. Oh by the way I carry a Beretta 92F in it. So no light plastic or small frame weapons.

It just seems to fit my skinny a s just fine!
  6. KyBlaster

KyBlaster New Member

Not sure about the holster. That has alot to do with personal preference and how much you are willing to spend.

But I will say this. Ross Leather makes a damn good gun belt and its resonably priced. I have learned, a good belt is critical.
  7. Carl S

Carl S New Member

Happygunner, I concur with Pistol. In my daily work, I wear a uniform. I have found the only way that I can carry is with an ankle holster or a Kramer Confidant. Since I wear boots a good deal in my work, I usually opt for the Confidant. Click here. The Confidant has its drawbacks; but it works for me.