1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Holsters?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 45Smashemflat, Jul 13, 2005.

1. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

So, any insight on finding decent holsters for odd guns? I bought a Ti Smith N frame in 45ACP. Haven't shot it yet, but I know I need leather already.

I've tried Galco's website as well as Bianchi. Neither is carrying anything for this short, stout revolver.

Any ideas?
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Have you tried the S&W website? Smith makes a line holsters for their guns....here's one made for a short "N" frame: http://store.smith-wesson.com/store/index.php3?cat=299416&item=1010847&sw_activeTab=10

However, best way I've found is to go into a large gunshop with a good selection of holsters and try 'em on.....both the on gun and on you.

If you have an odd gun, you can often find a holster made for an entirely different gun that will fit yours quite nicely. I found nice holsters for my .455 Enfield Mk.VI and Colt Army Special that way.

Ordering a holster out of a catalog or on the internet is like buying shoes by mail order.......you never know how they're gonna fit and feel wearing till you try 'em on.
  3. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

I highly recommend Sam Andrews ( http://www.andrewsleather.com ) for holster work. It's highly likely he's got a mockup of your gun ready to create a holster for you.
  4. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

Thanks for the insight thus far, I'll dig into these suggestions.

I'm also trying to fins a product to dull the markings on the gun. Its a pretty matte black anodized finish with the gray Ti cylinder and pins - nice! But then they "whitened" the Scandium logo and other stuff on it. Kinda loud. My only thoughts right now are a fine point Sharpie!
  5. shadow

shadow New Member

try Ross gunleather, they make good custom stuff. Try and speak with Lindsay Ross, he is one of the top guy's there.
  6. cd45

cd45 New Member