Holy Cow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Feb 27, 2009.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I just got a letter from Capital One saying that my interest rate was going to go up.
    At present I have a 11.4% on the unpaid balance, the increase would be determined by adding 26.15% to the prime rate on the 25th of each month. So if you add 3.25% to the 26.15% they would be charging me 29.4% from now until next month. I call the phone number in the letter and they explained to me that with all the delinquent accounts and the current economy they had to have an increase. I explained that I have never been late with a payment and that said
    "That is true Mr. Lee but lots of others have so we are going to increase all the accounts"
    I then and there canceled my credit card and told them I would pay them off at the 11.4% or they could kiss my tail. All of this will effect any charges made after April 17 2009 and we wouldn't billed until January 2010. I still canceled my card.
    If them fools think I am going to pay more because some other guy doesn't pay his bill they have lost their ever loving minds
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

That is just plain insane and just as wrong.
  3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Bravo for canceling that account, they won't have much business if they do that! Extortionists.
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

The lady I was talking with said all CC companies will be doing the same thing, we will see. But you can bet I will not be using any credit card. Cash and carry or barter and run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

bank of america did that to us in august! the card got cancelled, it took us a while, thanks to the farm, to pay it off... but its a done deal now.
  6. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

The banks are getting all that free goverment money and at the same time are sticking it to us. You think that it would not be permitted if the govermnt has a stake in the bank.
  7. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

It seems that everything that has occurred economically since Obama's election is aimed at reducing everyone (or at least the majority) down to the level of being impoverished. Sounds like the makings of communism/facism to me.
  8. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Yeah, government money alright.... as in OUR freaking money. That's right, they're being handed OUR money and then sticking it to us!!!!

Freaking SLIMEBALLS! All of 'em!
  9. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Yes sir. First they took big commissions to sell bad loans. Then they were bailed out by us. Now their using our money to buy our gold. Haven't you seen all the cash for gold commercials on tv. Gold is the hedge aganist inflation. Buddy whlie your off working your tail off to do the right thing there has been a monster out there. hmmmmmm And dont be fooled by the left wing that says the debt will be cut in half by 2010 or 11 whatever. They spent so much so fast there is no way the american worker can ever stop what is going to happen. Wall street guys ain't stupid. The market does not like this administration. If some distaster were to happen, and the people of america all of a sudden become any more gun shy to spend money you might just want to roll over and die. I heard on one the of the shows last night, Hanity I think, that as projected the govt will grow by 54% by the end of 2010. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong. I know this, to devalue the dollar like this so fast is going to cause more problems in the near future.

I believe that to be a president one should have a masters in economics, have run a sucessful comany, and been in the military. But then again i keep getting told that i am an A$$****.
  10. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What you're getting at is that a person should actually be "qualified" to even run for the office of President, unlike the current occupant of the office?
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  11. icm856

icm856 New Member

I have a Chase Card with a 11.24% APR and I was thinking about calling them up to see if I could get my APR lowered. If I don't get it lowered to 10% or below I'm going to cancel my account with them.

I wish I could get 10% on my investments let alone 11.24%. :mad:
  12. They are Ron. My wife's two card companies did the same thing and she was as furious as you are. She has a perfect payment record and they still raised the rates to ridiculous levels. Makes me glad I refuse to use, or even hold, any credit cards. All credit card companies are parasites in my humble opinion.
  13. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I have never had any credit, except for utilities and one house purchase at foreclosure. First wife stopped paying on that while I was in Alaska and didn't bother to tell me. I have never had a credit card.

I now have a debit card through the credit union. I do use it online, but carefully, through proxies. I am now thinking that, not having any credit, was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Pops
  14. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

Here is one other stupid, irrational thing. Did you know that if you close a credit card account, it has a NEGATIVE effect on your credit rating? You would think that it should not affect your rating one way or the other, but it does...negatively!!! This info came from one of the big three credit reporting agencies, and I found it while checking out my once a year free credit report. They recommend you keep all accounts open and if you pay them down or off, to occasionally use them just to keep them active. Also, some credit card companies will close your account if you haven't used them in a long while, again, having an adverse effect on your credit rating! I fully understand your outrage, 358, but if you ever finance something in the future,(house,car etc...), you need to know this.
    Personally, I hope you're filthy rich and you will let me come spend weekends at your seaside mansion! (I'm an hour away!)

All kidding aside, yeah, credit card companies SUCK,SUCK,SUCK !!!!!! Common sense does not apply. Apparently, we are living in bizarro world!
  15. markfh

markfh New Member

All I gotta say is... Dave Ramsey

Everybody should have to listen to him until they understand how they're getting ripped off.