Home defense AR: Kept w/ round in chamber?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by velocity101, Jul 7, 2012.

1. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    And I wouldn't put it past law enforcement to seize EVERY gun in the house for "ballistic testing" to determine which one was actually used.
  2. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Didn't know that Chicago had a "safe" area from the news...and if any of us knew exactly when and where we would need to have a firearm available it'd sure cut down on the holster wear on my Ruger.

My long guns are in the safe, full mags locked but no round chambered, but the wife and my pistols are always loaded and always on our person if we are awake, and on the nightstand on each side of the bed when we are asleep.

We also have six furry devils that would play heck with anyone's plans to move quickly through our house.:D
  3. ejkoechling

ejkoechling Well-Known Member

My grandson(5) is being taught. Last week he told on the neighbor kid because he pointed a play gun at him.
    I was so proud:D:D
  4. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

No kids in the house, they're all grown up - all guns loaded. 1911 has one in the chamber. All that's needed is to pull back the hammer.
  5. LRChops

LRChops Former Guest

You can react quickly without 1 in the chamber under stress if you train for it! Patrol officers who carry M4 rifles do not carry one in the chamber and have to activate the charging handle upon deployment. It's doable! Been in many stress situations where I had to deploy my M4 fast and put it into battery. Comes natural with training. Always train to kill and have the right mindset! You will be golden!