1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Home defense project

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by southernshooter, Apr 4, 2006.

1. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I just finished my 12 gauge Mossberg 500A project check it out. The before and after pictures are below
    Its got top folding pistol grip stock
    Pistol grip forend
    Hi viz front sights
    Shot force shell holder
    Laser light
    Heatshield

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  2. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

That really turned out nice. where did you get the parts at ?
  3. southernshooter

4. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Whatcha got loaded in them shells? The crimps look a bit high and domed. Not what I'd normally put through one of my shotguns.
  5. southernshooter

Winchester 000
  6. stash247

stash247 New Member

Your post said 'Home Defense', with which I certainly have no problem.
    But, consider this. You are truly the victim of a 'home invasion'; luckily, able to get to your highly modified Mossberg shotgun, complete with folding stock (purpose?? Concealment???) high cap mag, heat shield (purpose?? Extended firefight???) Laser sight (Purpose?? ambush accuracy????), and loaded with ammo that would stop a truck(purpose?? Defense against Marauding bears???)
    We've just begun the courtroom dance that will ensue, likely, after you justifiably 'put down' the perpetrator of a 'home invasion' kind of crime.
    OTOH, if I take the head clean off the same SOB, with a vent rib, 18 1/4" Ithaca 37 (you know better, never built, but looks factory), with a load of Wal mart #7 1/2's, it's cut and dried, because plaintiff's attorney has no case.
    Your Mossy qualifies "race gun", by most standards, and will put you, not the perp, on trial, in most venues, since it (?) says you were looking for trouble, by PC standards.
    My "home defense" shotguns, about half a dozen, are all 'stock looking' Ithacas, placed convenientlyand accessibly, about the property, and loaded with 'promotional load' birdshot; the reason? My attorney said he would not deal with another case if it was not of this profile!
    You appear to 'flying on instinct'; my course is dictated by (?) bad experience, and sound legal counsel.
    You are free to use, reuse, or discard this message, as you see fit, but the cost of a "Justifiable Shooting", here, in Texas, was about 20K$, US, last time I checked.
  7. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Reloads or factory loads?

Goes along with stash's comments regarding defensibility. For self-defense, it is usually best to use factory loads. Lawyers *love* to claim all sorts of nonsense, such as "he loaded up KILLER BULLETS because he was so BLOODTHIRSTY!"

Practice with reloads, defend with factory. Same philosophy works for handguns, also.
  8. southernshooter

JOHNK factory loads
  9. southernshooter

Stash it sleeps right next to me, and Mississippi just got the castle doctrine and the stand your ground bill. So I put on everything that will help me in the middle of the night if something does happen. Thanx for the advice
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  10. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

Neat! You certainly have it tricked out. :eek:
    I went a little tamer with my pair of Wingmasters....

Attached Files:

11. southernshooter

How does that speed feed stock work out RMRDADDY
  12. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

I think it works fine. But, it's not fast to access that ammo, and of course you have the weight issue of it being added to the gun. On the other hand, of course you have the 4 extra rounds with you, in case some additional zombies that need dispatching.....
  13. southernshooter

14. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Southern, I spent some time in Vicksburg as a kid and I remember 'em calling those kind of shotguns there "streetsweepers" lol :D
  15. southernshooter

I wish mine was full auto. :)