Home-Defense

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by ShadowHunt, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

It would be much harder to see it on one's own head.
    Bill
  2. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

how do you figger dat? :confused: that laser being shined at you is unmistaken IMHO...

the lady needs a lightweight, easily handled firearm regardless. i'm not sold on a rifle being the answer. w/ the rifle you could have a longer distance bt you, but i dont forsee anyone shooting an intruder from a longer distance.. i have been known to be wrong before tho.
  3. I have to agree with you, Rosie. Laser sights, in my opinion, are for James Bond movies, not real life.
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

The only real answer is to take the lady to the range with a variety of handguns and shotguns, let her shoot them, and decide for herself what she is comfortable with.

Six years ago when I divorced and bought a house in town, a family friend took it upon himself to buy me a .38spl revolver for self defense. The only problem is that it's a "hammerless" DAO with a trigger pull of about 12lbs. I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it, because that heavy trigger pull is just too hard for my small hands. Gunsmith says the trigger can't be lightened, so basically all it's good for is a belly gun.

Don't fall into the same situation with this lady. If she's going to take the responsibilty of firearm ownership, she should also take the responsibility of choosing her own firearm.
  5. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

A pair of size 13 work boots from the second hand shop a couple of very large steel bowls one with a little water and the other with a few crumbs of food placed by the door, Helps. Let the lady choice her own gun no matter what you or anyone else likes if she doesn't like it then it is almost useless.
    just my two cents
  6. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:) EXCELLENT suggestion!