Home from Hospital

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bama1022, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Bama1022

Bama1022 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Home yesterday after ten days in the Hospital , Sept 1st started off with a little nausea and backache into a gut wrenching pain ride to the ER by noon.
    They found Stone packed Gallbladder , severe Pancreas infection and complete shutdown . Spent a few days under heavy sedation with tubes and IVs' stuck in me. They can't operate with the infection , hopefully within the next few days. Worst now is being bloated like Blow Fish and swelling . I really appreciate the care provided by the Nurses , God Bless them. I will check in now and then I'm really tired

2. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Keep up abreast of your status. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery and a doctors steady hand.

3. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member

Good luck to you. Gallbladder stones are not any fun. Sounds like you are through the worst of it.

4. Clipper

Clipper Well-Known Member

I do hope you get that rocky gallbladder out soon! I didn't have the infection, just the pain, and it was done laporscopaly.. (sp) only have three scars, a big one about the size of a golf fall and two smaller ones, one on the right side and one in the belly button. Feel much better after that surgery, hope you do too! It's been at least 3 years, and I managed to lose a lot of spare fat that I didn't need...Added you to my prayer list for a rapid and painless recovery..

5. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Prayers from over here for a restful, fast recovery, then a good operation and skillful doctor, then a good recovery.

6. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Early 1968...almost as far north and still be in South Vietnam as possible in Dong Ha...
    The battalion Master Chief, (E-9)the battalion Gunny (E-7) and I (E-8) were sharing
    the same hootch...Screams woke the Gunny and I to the terrible pains of Chief Johnson....I told Gunny to run over to the medical tent and get a Corpsman and I held the chief down as best I could...a few moments the two corpsman showed up and immediately hit it was probably bladder stones...the chief had to be med--vac down to Danang...it was almost a month before he returned, healed but skinny and tired out... I took over the battalion leading chief inn his absence in addition to my normally assigned duties...talk about wearing more than one cover! Chief

7. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Praying for your speedy healing.

8. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Prays sent from here. One of the guys I work with just had the same thing.

9. VHoward

VHoward Well-Known Member

Hope you get better soon. Hospital stays are the pits.

10. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Ouch Bama! :eek: Get well man.

crystalphoto likes this.
  11. BlueDragonLair

BlueDragonLair Well-Known Member

Prayers for you. Hope the infections clears soon! I know can't be soon enough for you get rid of that thing!

BTW: When they get all this sorted out don't eat pizza for awhile. Mama had her Gallbladder out with that Laparoscopy stuff a few years back, felt good enough afterwards to go on a trip. She also felt so good she wanted some pizza on vacation. Yea, a trip to ER on vacation! Costly trip to be told not to eat pizza for afew weeks.

"Good Luck!"

crystalphoto likes this.
  12. greggs

greggs Well-Known Member

Just git better ! ..... Gregg

crystalphoto likes this.
  13. FreshP

FreshP Well-Known Member

I hope you get well soon. Prayers sent.

14. Big Mak

Big Mak Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Glad you are back with the living. Appreciate you making a comment about the nurses. Too many times they end up at the end of a conversation of anger rather than blessing from those that visit the hospital.

gunnut1215 likes this.
  15. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well, look who the cat dragged in. We were getting worried since you haven't been on here like normal. You gotta give someone your contact info.

Prayers for you and the doc. My wife had her gall bladder taken out back in May. It took her a good 2-3 weeks to feel better. She still watches to make sure and not eat too much fat. That means she wants more venison in th freezer. I'll do my best to make her happy