Home From the Range

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by njretcop, Jul 14, 2004.

1. njretcop

njretcop New Member

Shooting is a lot of fun............ cleaning them is a lot of work, especially if you're a gun nut like me. :)

I shot four of my guns today, a Remington 1858 BP New Army 44 revolver; a Lee Enfield military rifle in 303 British 1943 Long Branch No4Mk1*; a Swiss K31 military rifle made in 1936 in cal 7.5x55 and last and best, my M1 Garand made in 1943.

Now they are all laid out in front of me needing a good cleaning.

Shooter4 took photos today at the range and may get them up later today.

Note to 358 Winchester: That K31 ya'll sold me didn't work! I lined up the sights and squeezed the trigger.........click, nothing! As I was cussing ya, Ken suggested that if I put the magazine in, I might have better results, LOL. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sure, then it went boom and I gotta tell ya, that's a mighty sweet riflle. Thanks again for finding me a good one.
  2. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Charlie don't do that to me I just about took my K31 to the post office to send you until i finished the post, not funny ;)
    well all jokes aside how did it shoot? I have something else we need to talk about when you have the time give me a call
    Ron
  3. njretcop

njretcop New Member

RON,

Yes, kidding aside, I have never fired a military rifle with a better trigger. The pull is clean and sharp which I believe aides in the gun's accuracy.

I really am inpressed with the Swiss K31.

I bought two bricks of GL-11 ammo at a gun show in PA on Sunday and now don't have to worry about shooting up the ammo that you gave me. (Which I did today :D )

I would recommend this rifle to any shooter, especially a lefty like me. I am mastering the art of cocking it with my left hand, without taking it down from my shoulder as I must do with other bolt action rifles.
  4. shooter4

shooter4 New Member

Charlie, did you tell him how long it took us to find all the parts that fell off while we were shooting it? :D
  5. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I told Pa to make sure everything was tightened after he cleaned it when he shot it at his range. ;)