Home intruder shot in Mobile, AL

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by lawdawg, Oct 15, 2010.

1. lawdawg

lawdawg Member

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Shame she's not a better shot.
  3. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Well, one handed shooting while fiddling with something else doesn't help. At least she's OK, and not hurt or worse.
  4. wpage

wpage Active Member

Another thwarted intruder...
  5. Jackman

Jackman New Member

She did good , The Castle law is a good thing ,in N.Y. she might have been charged
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Yeah Wisconsin needs the Castle Doctrine too. But I think our law says that if your life is in direct danger, you can do what needs to be done to save your life.
  7. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Before the Castle Doctrine was passed here in Oh, (from what I was told) that if you had an intruder coming in your front door, you could defend yourself, but the ONLY way one could use any lethal action, is if the person was with a weapon and literally was trying to kill you. Other than that, defend yourself the best you could and call 911. Kill someone coming in your front door and that person was un-armed, your going to prison. That was what I was told from a leo.
  8. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Same applies in Florida-they had better be trying to kill you and you can stand your ground (inside the home). Now don't go outside and chase them down ,etc...then there is a problem. Then again everyone carries a gun around ,especially in the car,here so I think alot of people think twice.
  9. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

You might want to re-read the law. You have to believe your life is in danger. That's different than "they are trying to kill you". Is someone the size of Rosie Grier smashed in my 80-year-old mother's front door, she would easily believe her life was in danger, and could legally kill him. If she had to wait until he tried to kill her, it might very well be too late.
  10. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

It's that kind of a deal that you wish he had fled to the local funeral home. Would have saved alot of tax payer money. OH WELL!!!!
  11. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I was a deputy sheriff in FLORIDA for 12 years. The circuit court where I was at (the 20th) would PROSECUTE a home owner '' for just shooting someone''. BELIEVE ME I HAVE SEEN IT FIRST HAND!!!!!!!!!!! I know what the law says and reads but until you are placed in the position and HAVE TO GO TO COURT FOR KILLING SOMEONE you will have a different outlook on life. TRUST ME ALPO
  12. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Alabama has the "Castle Law" in effect and has always honoured anyone shot breaking into an inhabited Dwelling in the night-time. That, BTW, has always been a capital offense in Alabama for the forty-five years that I lived there.
  13. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

BEFORE the Castle Doctrine, I was told by a homicide Detective that the ONLY way you could "kill" someone coming in your door was if that person had a "weapon" and was literally trying to kill you. But of course, who in the right mind is going to stand and wait to see if that person is actually going to do that!?!? But if that actually happened before the Castle Doctrine went into affect, there would be no doubt alot of time spent waiting to see if you were justified and not to mention the fact one would go broke defending ones self. And then, the family of the victim would no doubt sue your butt off.
    Even with the new law, it had better be in 100% self defence and that intruder had better be actually trying to do you bodily harm. That's the way it is here.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  14. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Man, that bandage sure looks good on him.
  15. dge479

dge479 New Member

She done good, She would be arrested in NJ.