Home owner '1' / Prowler '0'

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by mrkirker, Sep 21, 2009.

1. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

KNOXVILLE — A 15-year-old prowler was shot Friday night in a face-off with a South Knox County homeowner, authorities said.

The shooting happened just before 11 p.m. at 837 Lester Road, Knox County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Martha Dooley said. The homeowner, Jonathan Stevens, 20, told deputies he and his wife were watching television and heard their dogs barking.

When Stevens, pistol in hand, walked outside into the driveway with his wife, the teen confronted them with a shotgun, Dooley said.

“He shot twice at the couple,” Dooley said. “He never got in the house. The homeowner shot twice at the suspect.”

Both bullets hit the teen in the chest. The couple weren’t hurt.

The boy ran. Deputies found him lying in the road, Dooley said.

The teen was taken to the University of Tennessee Medical Center, where he remained Saturday, Dooley said. His name and condition weren’t immediately available.

No charges have been filed against Stevens, Dooley said. She said she didn’t know whether he holds a carry permit.

Three other teenagers lurking outside the home ran, KCSO spokeswoman Ashley Haynes said. Deputies have questioned at least one of them but filed no charges so far, she said.
  2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

More good news!:D

My only problem is this bit here...
    What the crap does it matter if the guy has a carry permit or not?! HE WAS ON HIS OWN PROPERTY!!!!!!
  3. navis128

navis128 New Member

I hope this kid doesn't come back with a lawsuit! I do not desire to fire at anyone, but if it had to come down to it, I think this is what I fear more.
  4. 45nut

45nut Active Member

If anyone shoots at me, I ain't going to shoot twice. I'm going to empty and reload. :eek: :D
  5. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

This fine young man was just out walking, carying a shotgun to protect himself from the neighborhood thugs. When Stevens pulled a gun on him, he shot in self defense.

Another citizen helps a good boy go bad - -

Do not be TOO surprised of some idiots portray this incident very much that way -
  6. topper

topper New Member

just watch how the media will twist this one into the boy being a "hapless victim of society making a desperate cry for help" and how the homeowner will be the criminal. if ya going to shoot, shoot to kill, dead men tell no tales. BTW, where did a 15 yo boy get a gun anyway and why was he carrying it? someone that owns that gun is gonna have to account for a minor in possesion of a firearm.

Keep both barrels loaded!
  7. 2nd amend forever

2nd amend forever New Member

Would be nice if you included the link....:mad:

That being said....

Here: http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/sep/20/armed-teenage-prowler-is-shot/

8. Southern Boy

Southern Boy New Member

Hit twice in the chest, and survived? What did he use a pelet gun? SAnother thing, why take your wife outside with you to search for criminals? Nice shooting though.
  9. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Actually, there are several 'problems' with the story. As Southern Boy mentioned, there are a few 'facts' that just don't jive. I think there's a bit more to this than is being told at this time.

2ndamm, I try to include enough 'source' info with articles of this nature that should someone wish to delve further into storys of this nature, they may do so. That being said, "Please help yourself." :p
  10. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

One thing about this "ordeal" is that the man was in his right to protect what is his and protect himself and his family. I know the laws around here where I live and I'm not gonna let someone sue me later. I recently was broken into and when I discovered it the next morning, called the authorities and when they arrived, I was TOLD (twice) to remove my side arm...and on my own property, calling the authorities for help and then being told to remove my side arm......like I told them...I don't think so, and didn't.
    My own opinion, I don't want to shoot anyone, but to protect what one has worked for and to let someone come and just take for free....no way!