Homeland Security USA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pinecone70, Feb 18, 2009.

1. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Has anyone been watching this program on ABC network on Tuesday evenings? I like it! It's nice to see criminals and smugglers getting caught at the borders when they try to get into the US.
  2. islenos

islenos New Member

Right there tells you it is fiction, for it will never happen in the real world.:mad:
  3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I don't see anything fictional about it, they follow border patrol officers like COPS does with cameras. Drug and money smugglers get thrown in federal prison, it's kind of entertaining.
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yes, that's right up there with Star Trek and Star Wars... :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like it is right up my alley...

Thanks Pinecone, I'll try to catch it!

Crpdeth
  6. obxned

obxned New Member

When you use a fly swatter to kill a fly, that probably does not mean flies are about to become extinct.
  7. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

It is good entertainment, I get a laugh watching the expressions on the faces of the ones that get sent back to their country of origin.
  8. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Even though I wouldn't know by the papers but we do send lot back. My brother was in the Border Patrol and has some very funny stories.
  9. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

obxned, my impression is that the show does not attempt to illustrate that all illegal’s are extinct. Rather, they try to document for the average laymen the processes that our officers follow when incursions are detected. Glocknut, you’re dead-on, Star Wars, etc are fiction; however I have seen the B/P in action, believe me, THEY exist! Islenos, I would guess that it really depends where YOUR world is.
  10. islenos

islenos New Member

My 'WORLD' is West Texas were more Spanish is spoken then English; you can say that it is the front lines. The rest of the country is just coming online to the effects of the mass migration; down here, we have witnessed the ebbs and flows of border crossings for years. Ever since this nation woke up to this and began talking about Amnesty, the flood gates have opened up with people anticipating a general Amnesty to give them a free ride. We generally did not have a problem with illegals, they were hard working good people. Yet the last batch of a Million Plus, are either the dregs of society or the elderly parents, wives and children of the workers already here. It has become, due to the Amnesty talk, a major problem that is beyond any control. “It does no good to close the gate when the cows are already gone”

Now before anyone reads anything racist about this, Islenos were the Spanish living on the Canary Islands; that by the order of the King sailed to Louisiana in 1778 to bolster the Colony. It was feared the British would try to take the Port of New Orleans in order to begin a second front in the American Revolution. This act of leaving their homes on the Islands to settle in the New World played a pivotal role in this Nations Independence; a role that has been largely forgotten by a majority of historians. These Islenos (Islanders) were my ancestors, of which I still carry their Surname.
  11. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Nice world, down there. I've been spending time off and on in that area just south of 30-years, so I have a certain familarity, you might say with the 'back country'.

Still, I disagree that it never happens that illegals are stopped. I've seen incidents/events off the beaten paths, of course it doesn't mean that they aren't moving northward again 48 hours later. And I'll have to agree with you regarding the 'timing' of the great concern of the flow northward. Yep, the worry is at least 40 years late. The problem is embedded here now. (I noticed it 20 years ago when I had to translate our employee handbooks and training manuals into Spanish, in EAST Tennessee, for Pete's sake!)
  12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Tonight on "Cops! on Klinshai", witness raw brutal justice....Klingon-style!!!
  13. islenos

islenos New Member

I didn't say nor implied, I'm aware of, that it 'never happens' :confused:

I applaud our Border Patrol agents that are standing guard against the tide; they handle the daunting task given to them in the most heroic fashion.:)

With that said, city governments in Texas have hand-tied Law Enforcement by not allowing the LE’s to ask if an individual is a legal citizen or not. :mad: CBP therefore is seldom ever called into action. Border Patrol vehicles, lovely white and green trucks that can be seen a mile away, simply drive around and frighten over half the population. :eek:

The only way to end the problem is to open the borders and end entitlements. If you take away the free medical and welfare benefits it would end most of the problems that we face. In Texas, illegal immigrants cost hospitals $1.3 billion a year and with the added welfare benefits the total jump to 4.5 BILLION:eek: a year…..every year and that is just one state. :mad:

Sorry for diverting the topic :eek:
  14. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

. . . . . it will never happen in the real world. islenos. comment #2
  15. islenos

islenos New Member

Vocal deflection that denotes sarcasm is void in the typed word, which is truly a shame. Therefore the previous question had not taken into account the statement (numeral 2) when I reiterated ‘never’