Homeless moved on ahead of Obama visit

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Nov 15, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...d-of-obama-visit/story-e6freuyi-1226196607842

HOMELESS people are being moved away from Darwin's city centre ahead of US President Barack Obama's visit tomorrow.

The traditional land owners, the Larrakia people, have been asked to encourage the homeless to leave places on the president's program.

Larrakia Nation chief executive Ilana Eldridge says the "gentle suggestion" has come from the Northern Territory government.

"When we go in, people know it is time to move, otherwise the cops will come in heavy-handed later," Ms Eldridge said.

"We take them to another place where they will be comfortable and safe and then in a few days time they will drift back."

About 2000 people are thought to be homeless in the Darwin region each night, with 20 to 30 staying along The Esplanade, where Mr Obama will travel, Ms Eldridge said.

It's estimated about 95 per cent of Darwin's homeless population are of Aboriginal descent.

NT Chief Minister Paul Henderson says Mr Obama's security is paramount and there will be exclusion zones around where he is travelling.

"This is one of the facts of life when the president comes to town," Mr Henderson told ABC radio.

"That happens everywhere in the world, not just here in Darwin."

There have been reported sightings in recent days of US secret service personnel in town making arrangements ahead of the visit.

Meanwhile, the NT government has confirmed a Tiwi artwork by artist Jean Baptiste Apuatimi will be given to Mr Obama to mark his visit.

The government says the painting was chosen because of the Tiwi Islanders' connection to the bombing of Darwin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

They do the same thing here. Move the homeless cause the elite think of them as an eyesore despite the fact that there are many American Heroes amongst the group.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

funny thing they put cloth up along the route from the airport to parliament house but only in one place .. Hodgkin's piggery .. i guess its upsetting for obozo to even look at a pig ...
  4. venustus

venustus New Member

You always crack me up!!;)
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

true as they had one of the cops talking about it today on 2GB wondering what the that cost
  6. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Do the same in my part of the world....at least they were still doing it before I retired...Mostly when some big-shot convention would come to New Orleans...They would detail some of us to assist the locals in what was referred to by the officers, a "Wino-Rodeo"...Collect all the street bums, panhandlers, street walkers and low life... Lodge them in jail for the weekend...Most didnt mind at all...except no booze ....Get a clean bed, shower and hot food for the weekend....I still believe they city should have left them alone for a glimpse of real life by the jerkwads coming to town plus save the city and state a ton of tax money for OT and jailing...Thats Gummit for you...Never is as it appears on the surface.
  7. whirley

whirley Member

OBOZO is livimg in Gov't subsidized housing now. I wonder why he had to give up his license to practice law? The so-called MEDIA never asks questions, or gives honest answers. I wonder how someone without a pot or a window bacame a multi-millionaire in three years? I'd like to hire his financial advisor. Same deal with the Clintons and other politicians.