The Firearms Forum banner

Homemade Cavatelli

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JoeV 
#1 ·
I've been wanting to make my own cavatelli for quite some time, so when I saw the machine at the Italian grocery store yesterday I bought it and headed right home to make my first batch of Ricotta whole wheat cavatelli. Mmmmmmmmm, were those puppies ever good with my homemade sauce and mini meatballs!

They are actually easier to make than other types of pasta made on my pasta machine, because they require less handling. You just mix a dough and let it rest while attaching the machine to the counter and getting everything in place. Then roll out the dough about 3/8" thick, and cut it into 1/2" wide strips. I divided the dough since I had not made them before, but next time I'll just roll it all out and cut it.

Dust the dough very liberally (this is the only time you'll see me embrace liberal), then feed teh floured strip into the wood rollers while cranking the handle.

Easy as that and you have a whole bunch of cavatelli ready to either be boiled and eaten, or freeze them on the cookie sheet then put them in plastic freezer bags or freezer containers.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.