The Firearms Forum banner

Homemade White Lightning

10K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  jondar 
#1 ·
Hi,
Anyone have a recipe and method to make homemade white lighting, I don't want to go blind or anything just a good source for a good drink once in awhile.
Thanks

#2 ·
With some of the people I've met that make shine, you'd have an easier time takin away their guns (and that would be very tough) than gettin their recipie.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Gotta luv those sailors!

When it comes to drinkin', they can always help you out...:D:D;)

#6 ·
Do remember how the cartoons always pictured a jug with X's marked on them? Those X's have a purpose. It shows how many times the liquid was passed through the still. One X is what is called Mountain Dew. Two XX is the second pass and that is Moon Shine, Three XXX on the jug is called White Lightning.

Mountain Dew has the lowest alcohol content at around 20 % (40 proof)
Moonshine will light you up at around 50% (100 proof)
White Lightnin is right near around 98% (196 proof)

So the more X's they got on them jugs the more stupid you will get drinking it LOL :eek:

#9 ·
Mountain Dew has the lowest alcohol content at around 20 % (40 proof)
Moonshine will light you up at around 50% (100 proof)
White Lightnin is right near around 98% (196 proof)

So the more X's they got on them jugs the more stupid you will get drinking it LOL :eek:[/QUOTE]

Provided you can actually drink the stuff. Tried the triple X once, that was enough for me!!

#10 ·
Now I have consumed enough Home grown whiskey to float a river barge, I even know how to make it. But as far as giving up ones recipe for good ole white lightning I believe the best awnser to that is. YOUR CHEESE SLID OF YOUR CRACKER MAN! As stated here you need to make a "still" and then kinda of explore from there. My advise to you though is a nice mixture of corn and taters with a bit of honey. But I will not go into any more detail then that. If I do variouse members of my family will see fit to forfit my life expectacncy past gettin old.

#11 ·
Easy. Get copper coil & plumbing fittings from Home Depot. Get 5 gallon SS pot from a kitchen store. Cut a big hole in the lid and use a copper mixing bowl for the dome. Silver solder/pop rivet/silicone the whole thing together. Use a propane turkey fryer style burner for heat.

Distill cheap wine, a gallon or 2 at a time. Proof it by putting some in a metal spoon, heat it and light it. The first run will burn but not well. Collect & distill it 3x for 190 proof. Cut this to 140 with simple sugar (water with sugar mixed in to saturation). Cut it by measuring the 190 volume and using math to get the amount of simple sugar to add.

Clamp the lid of the pot with a rubber gasket and a bunch of cheap vise grip pliers. Chill the coil by running it thru a ice bucket.

Be careful and make sure you have beer to drink while you are cooking. Don't tell everybody about this, it may be illegal. Don't sell it.

#12 ·
From my own and my friends' homebrewing experience, the last I heard ANY distillation of alcohol is forbidden.
That said, I don't think you'd have a problem if you just made it for your own use. After all, who'd know? Small still, small batches. Very hard to find, if nobody's looking for it.

#14 ·
here in Tennessee I believe oyu can make for personal consumption but it has to be in small amounts. The home made wine my grand pa makes even makes its way to the local police department curtesey of the neighbors son. I believe he took two gallons of gramps hands last year and is lookin to take three or four this fall.

#16 ·
A few years back I was friends with an old coal miner from Harlan County, Kentucky. He had the black lung bad and made a trip back to Kentucky to see his relatives one more time. He brought me back some in an old pint fruit jar, rubber ring and all, and it sure had a great flavor, never tasted anything quite like it, something like green corn. I kept it in a kitchen cabinet down on the bottom shelf. My ten year old daughter thought it was paint cleaner and cleaned her paint brushes in it. Didn't taste so good after that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.