The Firearms Forum banner

hope someone can help me...

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  RJay 
#1 ·
I have a old double barrel gun. All I know or think I know is it is a Belgium made gun. I would like to know what it is and how much it is worth. I can take more pics if needed.....thanks everyone

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
this gun may have been a gun sold at sears. hj sterling was the trade name under crescent arms. this gun dosent hols value so you would be lucky to get 200 for it in great condition. i would hold on to it. i would also look under the barrels for the belgium proof marks????? and i wouldn't shoot todays loads in this gun. i woud check with a local gunshop to see if you can shoot regular shells thru it?

#7 ·
Crescent made over 4,000,000 firearms over it's manufacturing lifetime, most of them under Trade Brand names. I can find no listing for H L Sterling for Crescent. However they were manufacturers not importers, their parent company took care of that end. Robert8, during the era your shotgun was made there existed a cottage industry in Belgium. There were numerous small gun makers scatted over the country side. They made hundreds of thousands of shotguns for export to the US. Some of these were marked with the makers name, others have no marking other than the Belgium proof marks. The odds are very good that the Belgium maker of your shotgun will forever remain unknown. I would date your shotgun between the late 1800's to around 1911. from your pictures I would rate it more of a decorator piece than a using firearm. In any case it is a black powder use only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.