1. willie at flyinglead

willie at flyinglead New Member

I have an old hopkin allen revolver ser.no. 292. Does anyone know how to get manufacture date on this gun?:confused:It is nickel plated with a 4 inch barrel I have a neighbor that brings me these old guns all the time. Not sure wether to fire it or not?
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

We need pictures of the gun overall and closeup of markings. To help everyone, I suggest cropping pictures and reducing pixel count.

H&A was a major manufacturer; and most of their guns are of reasonable quality, some are excellent. So value varies widely. They also made the Merwin & Hulbert revolvers.

Jim
  3. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

with this limited description i really can't tell you anything about this revolver except it was made before 1917. that is generally accepted as the year H&A went out of business. as to firing it DON"T.
    bill
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Ah, heck, Bill. When I saw you had replied, I thought for sure you would know the exact model, when it was made, and the name of the guy who put it together. I am disappointed. ;)

Jim