Hopkins & Allen 16ga Single Shot

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

(4/17/02 8:24:13 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Hopkins and Allen 16 GA?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A friend of my fathers has an old Hopkins and Allen single barrel shotgun. Bluing is about 20% on the barrel and the receiver looks like it is casehardened. It has a number on the triggerguard/receiver area of S75XX and the same is on the barrel assembly.

Anyone know how old this is and what would be the value?

Thanks,

David.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government".....Thomas Jefferson

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/17/02 11:16:51 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Hopkins and Allen 16 GA?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    c. 1910.

Those old singles have not developed any collector interest at all. It's value is as a family heirloom; resale value would be in the area of $50.

Interestingly enough, there is a short book detailing the Hopkins & Allen single and double shotguns, available from Anvil Onze Publishing in Delphos, OH. Author's name is Calder.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

(4/17/02 4:41:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hopkins and Allen 16 GA? (Thanks)
    Thanks for the reply.

Dads friend bought this a few years ago from a neighbor who's husband had passed away and she djid not want it in the house. I don't know what he gave for it but he was curious as to the value. He asked me because he knew that I collected firearms.

I will let him know.

Thanks again,

David.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government".....Thomas Jefferson