Hopkins & Allen 1902-1914 Double Barrel Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Batbabe, May 5, 2009.

1. Batbabe

Batbabe New Member

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the board and just yesterday purchased my first gun. I actually traded my car for it, lol.

I've done a lot of research, but everyone who owns a Hopkins & Allen shotgun can't find the value of them I've noticed online. I found a few single barrels, a 10ga, but mostly Double Barrel Hammers and mine is a Double Hammerless Side by Side Shotgun.

I however, found one and he's asking $700. Here's the link: http://www.gunsamerica.com/953356718/Guns/Shotguns/H-Misc-Shotguns/Hopkins_and_Allen.htm

This is what I know about mine so far. It's a Hopkins & Allen Double Hammerless 30" Barrels, 12ga Side by Side. The serial# on my shotgun is: 35668

On the Gun it has this: Hopkins & Allen
    Arms Company
    Norwich, Conn USA

Here's some photos I just took if this helps any. I would really like to know more about it and see if my car was a good trade. Thanks, Tiffany

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

there are a couple of book available online about H&A double barrel shotguns. i am not current on their values as there seem to be different opinions as to their quality. some seem to be very high quality while the majority seem to of lessor quality. the only pricing guide i have at the moment seem to value he majority at about $400 to $500 for the box lock actions. side lock action may bring more but i personally am not qualified to value and double barrel shotgun except those manufactured by iver johnson and H&R
    bill
    Last edited: May 6, 2009