1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Hopkins & Allen Arms Company

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dklinge, Nov 7, 2011.

1. dklinge

dklinge New Member

I recently aquired a Hopkins and Allen Arms Company Single shot 16 Ga. Shotgun with ejector, serial #L7568 and would like to know when it was manufactured and an estimated price on the gun for insurance purposes. I have shot the gun and it work great and looks to be above average condition A little minor pitting on the barrel.
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. The H&A company ended business 1915, and there are no serial number records known. If it's the common break open type, I would not be concerned about insurance value, as they are neither rare nor considered collectible, and most will sell in the $50 to $150 tops range. There are earlier falling block types that will sell a bit higher.

It is near or over 100 years old and should not be fired with modern high-base shells.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011