Hopkins & Allen Arms Company

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dklinge, Nov 7, 2011.

1. dklinge

dklinge New Member

I recently aquired a Hopkins and Allen Arms Company Single shot 16 Ga. Shotgun with ejector, serial #L7568 and would like to know when it was manufactured and an estimated price on the gun for insurance purposes. I have shot the gun and it work great and looks to be above average condition A little minor pitting on the barrel.
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. The H&A company ended business 1915, and there are no serial number records known. If it's the common break open type, I would not be concerned about insurance value, as they are neither rare nor considered collectible, and most will sell in the $50 to $150 tops range. There are earlier falling block types that will sell a bit higher.

It is near or over 100 years old and should not be fired with modern high-base shells.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011