Hopkins & Allen Double Barrell Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by lod123, Jul 29, 2009.

1. lod123

lod123 New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I have a double barrell shotgun which is engraved with "Hopkins & Allen Arms Co., Norwitch, Conn" on the side and "Hopkins and Allen" on the butt. The pistol grip is checkered, there is no hammer and the safety is on the top. The barrells are 30" long. One of the screws in the butt has been replaced with a nail, otherwise the gun is in good original condition. I have included some pictures of the gun. Can someone please tell me the value of this gun?

Attached Files:

2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the 30th edition of the blue book lump all the H&A double barrel shotguns together in one listing. 100%=$315 down to 60%=$95. when actual sales are made of these early double barrel (1899 to 1917) they seem to bring a little bit more. a word of caution H&A was not known for making firearms suitable for smokeless powder loads and this included their shotguns.
    bill
  3. lod123

lod123 New Member

Thanks Bill, I would say this gun is from 75 to 90%. Except for the nail in the butt, nothing else seems wrong with it. The blueing appears good with no rust. What is the best way to seek interested parties for it?
    Thanks
    Lee