Hopkins & Allen revolver

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by lil1weasle, Aug 19, 2007.

1. william.hamill

william.hamill New Member

I definitely a .22, 7 shot cylinder. There is a loading gate missing from the right side, and 2 pins missing from the center of the gun under the barrel. They connect to a piece that is also missing on the left side of the gun in front of the cylinder. Do you know what they were for?
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

would need to see a picture.
    bill
  3. redleg217

redleg217 New Member

I have the same type of handgun. It is a full frame and full hammer. I cannot find the caliber as of yet on the gun. I found it out in the woods. The action seems to be working albeit the cylinder does not always stay in battery. I have been soaking it in penitrating oil trying to loosen up the cylinder pin. After rubbing on the gun with a cloth rag I have found the words "hawkins allen arms company" "forehand DA" on the other side any help with finding out what this gun is exactally would be great.

4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

manufactured by Hopkins & Allen between 1899 and at least 1906 (maybe later) . solid frame double action with a pull pin cylinder release.
    bill
  5. mortarman

mortarman New Member

ALCON: I have been trying to research a firearm found in an estate. It is only marked Napoleonwith a serial number and some nice engraving. The closest thing I have found is that it might possibly be a Hopkins and Allen No 3. I will try to get a picture or two loaded, but this is the first place i have been where somebody seemed to know anything about H&A.
  6. 45Auto

45Auto Well-Known Member

A picture of each side of your Napolion revolver would help.
  7. Leimann88

Leimann88 New Member

My Husband I have the same pistol 1901, stamped with the info you guys have mentioned. It is missing the handle and in ruff shape. Where can we purchase parts ?:eek:
  8. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Here are some places you can try: Numrich Gun Parts, Bobs Gun parts, Wolff Gun Springs.

Hopkins & Allen Safety Police Revolver.

Attached Files:

9. RichardC1967

RichardC1967 New Member

I have the a Hopkins and Allen Forehand Model 1901 in .32 caliber with 6 round cylinder,given to me by my dad.It was his dads before, and very rarely fired, it's in 100% excellent condition.My question is, does the cylinder supposed to spin freely to the right with the hammer forward, it locks to the left, and it also locks both directions when the trigger is pulled back or when the hammer is locked back(the cylinder lines up with the barrel when it is ready to be fired).I took it to a gunsmith and he check it out, and said this was normal(the free spinning to the right) and also determined I can fired .32 short or .32 long thru the gun, he said to stay away from .32 Auto and when I mentioned black powder or smokeless rounds he said it didn't matter that they should all be good to go.I'm just looking for some more opinions and also perhaps the best brand of ammo to use..also is this rimfire or centerfire?

Thanks
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012