Hopkins and Allen Arms Co. S Marco

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by MissCynicism, Dec 7, 2011.

1. MissCynicism

MissCynicism New Member

I have a Hopkins and Allen, what I believe is a percussion pistol. It's pretty ornate and the stamp on the side says Hopkins and Allen Arms Corp. NJ, US S Marco Cal .58 2598. Lookin to find what it is (I can't even find a good name) and what it's worth. Helps? Thanks in advance.
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Well, to the best of my knowledge Hopkins and Allen were never located in New Jersey, and the Name was Hopkins and Allen Firearm Co, Not Corp. I believe what you have is a modern firearm made in the fashion or style of an old 19Th Century boot pistol. It is not really a reproduction af ony one pistol or firearm, but rather a reproduction of a pistol from that era. Armi San Marco was an Italian maker of reproduction arms for Numrich Arms in the 1970's.
  3. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen a 58 caliber boot pistol but yeah it was made by ASM. Can you post pics?
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

:D They had some very big boots back in that day:D But I know what you mean, It's like every Belgium revolver is now called a Velo dog or Muff gun. With out pictures it is a guessing game but I betcha she has a under hammer gun, Sometimes called a Boot gun ( because of the under hammer ) or also a Carriage pistol.