1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Hopkins and Allen Arms Co. S Marco

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by MissCynicism, Dec 7, 2011.

1. MissCynicism

MissCynicism New Member

I have a Hopkins and Allen, what I believe is a percussion pistol. It's pretty ornate and the stamp on the side says Hopkins and Allen Arms Corp. NJ, US S Marco Cal .58 2598. Lookin to find what it is (I can't even find a good name) and what it's worth. Helps? Thanks in advance.
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Well, to the best of my knowledge Hopkins and Allen were never located in New Jersey, and the Name was Hopkins and Allen Firearm Co, Not Corp. I believe what you have is a modern firearm made in the fashion or style of an old 19Th Century boot pistol. It is not really a reproduction af ony one pistol or firearm, but rather a reproduction of a pistol from that era. Armi San Marco was an Italian maker of reproduction arms for Numrich Arms in the 1970's.
  3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I don't think I've ever seen a 58 caliber boot pistol but yeah it was made by ASM. Can you post pics?
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

:D They had some very big boots back in that day:D But I know what you mean, It's like every Belgium revolver is now called a Velo dog or Muff gun. With out pictures it is a guessing game but I betcha she has a under hammer gun, Sometimes called a Boot gun ( because of the under hammer ) or also a Carriage pistol.