Hopkins and Allen Model Number

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by dkfc13, May 7, 2012.

1. dkfc13

dkfc13 New Member

I acquired my great grandfathers H&A 16 gauge shotgun. I am trying to figure out what model it is so I can get a new butt-plate for it. What I can tell you is that it is a single shot, 16 gauge, brake action shotgun. It has the smokeless powder barrel and the H&A Arms Co. writing. I dont see a take-down lever like some of the pictures I have seen on this site. Any info about it would be appreciated.
  2. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Member

dkfc13, I don't know enough about H&A shotguns to answer your question, but I am pretty sure they made a lot of different models over the years. You are pretty much going to have to put up some photos, of the whole gun and of the buttplate area, to get a useful answer.

If you do, I think you have a fair chance of finding a replacement. I've seen dealers at gun shows with tubs of old shotgun & rifle buttplates, and a variety of reproductions are made as well. Good luck!
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum put some pictures up please
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Try www.gungrip.com for some H&A buttplates. The stock numbers are in the 394 seriies.

Jim