Hopkins and Allen XL Double Action info needed

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bearluvsguns58, Jul 13, 2010.

1. bearluvsguns58

bearluvsguns58 New Member

I was recently given a Hopkins & Allen pistol and am wondering if any one can steer me in the historical direction of it? It is marked: Hopkins & Allen Arms Co. XL Double Action on the top strap, along with the address of Norwich CT USA. It does not list the caliber, but it is a 5 shot cylinder. On the bottom of the grip it has the numbers 114 stamped on it. It has a 2-3/4" octagon barrel with a rounded half moon front sight. It appears to be a center fire when looking at where the firing pin actually would strike the casing. I also need to find out how the cylinder is removed for cleaning, it has a sprung loaded tab under the cylinder pin. You can push it up with some spring resistance. Does the actual pin unscrew or does it simply pull out at that point? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as it is in great shape, some where around 85-90%.

Thank you:)