The Firearms Forum banner

Hornady Bullet Feeder Request for Assistance

875 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CBirnley 
#1 ·
I am struggling to get the bullet feeder die to work properly. Specifically, I cannot get the 230g .45ACP bullet to drop into the case. I have read and re-read the instructions several times and am at a loss.

I am sure this is operator error (OK, well I hope it is operator error.) and that you folks can get me set straight.

This is the ONLY part of the Hornady that I have routinely struggled with and since I am from NE, I wanted to support the Home team as Hornady is based in this area.

Your assistance on getting the bullet feeder die to work will be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Couple of items: first, the feeder die works best with jacketed. If you are using plated or plain lead you will have some problems unless you 'adjust' the collets. Second, make sure that the collets are in properly and the die itself is adjusted properly following the instructions exactly. Third is to check the amount of expansion on the case...if it is not enough it will not engage the lower collet.

Good luck...took me a while but mine is working very well with both 9's & 45's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.