Hornady Cam-Lock Trimmer

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by JTofGPD, Dec 30, 2010.

1. JTofGPD

JTofGPD New Member

I have read conflicting opinions on whether or not this new trimmer/old one will accept RCBS shell holders? I am in need of a trimmer as a majority of my 30-06 brass is pretty darn close to the Max length of 2.494.

I like the price of this trimmer, but do not see the reasoning to get it if my shell holders I already have won't work.

Also, are the mini-lathe trimmers to use on a drill decent as well for trimming?
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. JTofGPD

JTofGPD New Member

44 views, no opinions?
  3. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I doubt the RCBS shell-holders will be of any use since it's a cam lock system that doesn't require any. The pilot for 30 cal is included so there is nothing else needed.
  4. the morning light

the morning light New Member

I have always used the cheap Lee trimmers which work well, but only trim to one length which has been of no problem to me personally. If you get the Hornady, let us know how it works out. Always interested in new items....
  5. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

The reviews on this product at Midway state that the RCBS and Lee shellholders do NOT work.......Try the Lyman trimmer. I can vouch for its great quality and ease of use as well as creating consistent results within .001. It uses a cam lock style universal shell holder. If you want to save you hands a great deal of arthritis and pain then get the RCBS trim pro, it will be the last trimmer you will ever need to buy, provides very consistent results,requires very little manual work from the reloader and is build like a battleship.