1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Hornady FTX 160 g .308

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Mackd_52, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Mackd_52

Mackd_52 New Member

Hi guys. I'm realoading handguns and my 30-30 lever action marlin. Recently I discovered the new Hornady 160 g FTX that says it is really good for the 30-30. Since I started reloading I'd been told to only use FN projectiles. So, what do you guys think and has anyone tried the new projectile.
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I have yet to try them in a rifle; but they are designed for use in lever guns. I wouldn't hesitate to load them for the Marlin. I have yet to hear anything bad about them.
  3. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The new FTX (Flex Tip) was designed to give tubular magazine users a safe alternative to the traditional FN bullets. Just like a FN, there's no danger of piercing the primer it's against in the magazine while under recoil.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

yeah the tip is soft and rubbery. it wont mash the primers under recoil and caue you gun to fire unwantedly. they make the venerable old .30-30 much flatter a round...;)