Hornady Lock and Load. Anyone use it?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by The Joker, Nov 24, 2012.

1. The Joker

The Joker Member

Like the title says. I recently picked one up but I am having trouble with the case feeder.
    I got everything to work but when it comes time to drop on the tray that slides to the shell holder, it drops 3 to 4 cases. What do I need to do to get it drop just 1 case each time?
  2. GCSOA38

GCSOA38 New Member

I have a lock N load AP and love it. Although it took some time to get it set up and running flawless (priming issues mostly). However I don't use a case feeder so i can't help you there. I know many others do use one and should be able to chime in and shed some light on your issue(s). Best of luck
  3. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Adjust the threaded feed tube down. You have to big of a gap. This is a pick of where i have it set for 380 auto. This will change with the cal. you are doing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  4. noylj

noylj Member

As with any press problem, call the manufacturer. They love to help and need to know of any problems.
    Reading the directions is very important and, when available, watching a video helps a lot. See if there are any videos on the Hornady site or on YouTube.
    My L-N-L was totally trouble free, but I didn't get a case collator/feeder and would prefer to grind that off the sub-plate.
  5. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

and if nothing else.. .. they probably have great tech support. I know RCBS does..