Hornady Lock N Load

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by bizy, Jun 12, 2009.

1. bizy

bizy New Member

Hornady Lock-N-Load AP Case Feeder 110V LNL 095300

The manual press VS The 110V electric press..

Any info about this press is appreciated. I am in the market for the mannualy operated lock n load press and maybe an electric press.
  2. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy

I have the Hornady LNL AP, progressive and I love it, i found it to have all the features I wanted in a progressive press, the auto case feeder is next on my list, this press is hands down the smoothest most rock solid press I've tried, the bushings allow you to use your dyes in another press too just by twisting it out a quarter turn and you can then put it in your single stage press, you're not stuck with having to have your dyes in a certain order either which is nice, the press has cert fittings so you can keep it greased up and running great, everything works the way it supposed to, I couldn't be happier, my other choice for a good press would have been the Dillon 550 or the 650, but I liked the features of the Hornady LNL AP better, IMO.

Good luck in choosing, do your home work first, I spent a year looking into and trying different presses before making up my mind as to what was important to me in a good progressive press.

Regards

tEN wOLVES :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  3. bizy

bizy New Member

I just recieved my hornady L n L ap 2 days ago. Man I've read stuff and viewed 100 hours (not really), seems like it. Anyway I got that thing assembled. That powder feeder is the only part that gave me any trouble. I haven't used it yet but, I'm gonna... I have been using an RCBS single stage. I don't yet know what this fancy things the LnL can do but I will soon.

I bought it straight from the factory. $512.00. My son N law bought one first for 480?.. I was very impressed. I have about 10,000 cases primed and about the same amount that I haven't started on yet.

I suggest to anyone, "Go to youtube.com" and watch all the videos you can find. It is alot easier to understand. Anyway, it was for me..
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Congrats............. Now where are the pics ??? :D:mad::D I have thought about the H LNL myself, but am happy with my Chucker and DillonSDB for now. The videos on the LNL are numerous and very informative too.
  5. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy WoolleyWorm

I just added some pictures of my set up, one of the things I have added is a primer follower that I made using brass dowel rod, then I flagged it where it is close to empty, I've also added a RCBS 750 scale.

So go back up a few post

Regards

tEN wOLVES

PS I have no regrets about getting the Hornady LNL AP, IT'S A GREAT PRESS. I need to add the auto case loader next.
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Very Nice set-up. I sure do like the way the LNL looks on a bench. I think the Dillon Low Primer sensor would fit on the primer tube. I like the Dillon since it has an ear numbing audible alarm when it gets down to 3 primers left. I've been very happy with my 750 scale; now I just need to come up with some plans for a good bench and storage system. The more pics I see of different set-ups, the more ideas I get. That wood grain really "pops" on your bench, did you build it yourself?
  7. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Back at you Woolley

I've thought about the Dillon primer sensor, still might get one, but so far I haven't needed it, but when doing a lot of rounds, it would keep you alert. I like the 750 scale too, it's just faster, the 10/10 scale is totally accurate, and I'll check one against the other, I also use check weights, which is a must to have. I had shoulder surgery last Oct, and I bought my press in Dec. thinking I would get it in a few weeks, so I wanted to make a new reloading bench, but I was still sore, so I picked the 2x4 Basics and built a nice sturdy bench to my dimensions, it has an oak top on it, there is a post I made here on benches you might want to look at, I'll find the link and post it. here it is http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53106

Regards

:) tEN wOLVES
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009