The Firearms Forum banner

Hornady power measure tub

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  noylj 
#1 ·
I had the tub pop off last night powered all over the place. Best way to keep the tub in the base. So it does not pop out
Help please.
Thanks

#4 ·
Take a 3/8" drive 6" socket extension, and stand it up next to your press. Now make 5 rounds of ammo. Did the extension tip over?

Yes: Secure the bench so it will not move.
No: Put the extension on the press and make 5 more rounds. Did the extension tip over?

Yes : Secure the press to the bench.
No: Call Hornady and get a new tube.

#9 ·
Yes that's right. Press running like a top. And then the tub poop off I want it to stay put. I did the duck tape Thing about tapping a small set screw in to it. We will see. Thanks for all the help.

Laird

#12 ·
Personally, I intentionally took off the hopper and use a couple strips of masking tape to hold it on. Made cleaning it out easier since there could no longer be any powder stuck between the hopper and the base. Don't know how many times you can remove and reinstall a sheet metal screw into the plastic (polystyrene?), so I simply went with tape.
Note: Duct tape (not Duck tape) and tube (not tub).

#13 ·
Thank you Noylj. For the info
Sorry for the miss speak and spelling. I use voice text and sometimes it does not come out like it should. Next time I will proof read. What I send. I feel real stupid right now.

#15 ·
I notice a lot of strange text and often wonder how much is caused by "Dragon Speaking" or whatever.
When I read "He could of been a contender" instead of "He could've been a contender," I wonder if it is poor schooling (and typing what your hear in your head) or Dragon "helping."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.