1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Hornady Zmax, for zombies only.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by rcairflr, Oct 14, 2011.

1. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. rcairflr

My understanding is that it will be available at the end of this month.

Attached Files:

3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    "They're coming..." October 14, 2011... Be prepared!
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

WHAT!!?? no 30 06 !!!!! ;) thats ok they got .308, AK and buck

love the ad..
  5. rcairflr

Be PREPARED -- supply yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse with Zombie Max™ ammunition from Hornady®! Loaded with PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets...yes PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets (have you seen a Zombie?). Make sure your "bug out bag" is ready with nothing but the best!

WARNING: THIS IS LIVE AMMUNITION. THIS IS NOT A TOY.

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on...ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean...ZOMBIES!

Z-Max cartridges include 55 gr. .223 Rem (~$16/box),123 gr. 7.62x39mm (~$14/box), 115 gr. 9mm (~$15/box), 165gr. .40 S&W (~$17/box), 185 gr. .45 ACP (~$18/box), 168 gr. .308 Win. (~$24/box), 12 gauge 00 Buck ($10 / 10 round box).
  6. Juker

Juker New Member

Man, I dunno ... "Just one round, and a zombie goes down" would have been a better ad. Looks like Survivor Boy is using waaaay too much ammo. Based on the number of zombies in that ad, and my estimate of the amount of ammo he's carrying based on height/weight ratio and maneuverability, he's got 38.9 seconds to live before he's out of ammo and overrun.

Now, when I load for zombies.... :D
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/10/robert-farago/new-hornady-zombie-ammo-revealed/

MSRP-wise, I’ve got $22.62 on the 9mm (25pk), $25.91 on the 40 ( 20pk) and $27.15 on the 45acp ( 20pk).

One of the responses to New Hornady Zombie Ammo from the site: "I think that Zombie ammo belongs in the same category as a custom Devil face image placed onto your exotic wood handgun grips: Do not use in self-defense as it will help the prosecutor portray you as a trigger-happy nutcase".
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

wheres the fun in that?? I want a 18" 2 stroke chainsaw with a dull blade. :D
  9. HnRhandifanatic

HnRhandifanatic New Member

What? No .243 and I was hoping to stop them before they got to my house.
  10. geds

geds New Member

Wouldn't a baseball bat work just as well? and cheaper too!
  11. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Amen to that. I wouldn't waste my money on this stuff. Over a buck a round because they put some green crap on the end of it and pictures of zombies on the packaging - - come on now. Maybe I am an old stick-in-the-mud but I am tired of even hearing the word zombie used in conjunction with shooting.
  12. The Duke

The Duke New Member

So this is what the promo was about I got from Hornady a couple weeks ago..:) Sly devils...Im sure the ammo lives up to the high Hornady standards, but for killing Zombies, I prefer a chainsaw...:D
  13. rcairflr

For all you guys who want to fight the zombies with chainsaws and baseball bats, you haven't watched enough zombie movies to know what you are doing. The zombies keep coming until they surround you, overpower you and turn you into one of them.

The only reasonable way to fight them is from a distance using, "you guessed it", the new Zmax from Hornady.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  14. garydude

garydude Member

Don't know about the ammo, but I'd sure love a copy of that poster for my mancave!
  15. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Dang 10,000 rounds is gonna be mite pricey.