Hornady Zmax, for zombies only.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by rcairflr, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

I did the same thing between the Speer Gold Dots and the Federal Personal protection rounds and those Federals failed to open 9/10 times. With the Speers They would open up no matter what 100% of the time.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I have had the same problem with the federals too. they open up easily on a 'bare flesh hit' but clog easly when shot thru simulated clothing. Most of the exposed lead hollowpoint .38 spec ammo does the same. Best used for hunting where the target doesnt wear clothes. if shot thru clothing the HP cavities clog with debris and they wont open. Might as well be a FMJ. But the Golden sabers, hdy XTPs, Speer golddots, win PDX1, and a couple others im forgetting open up like squids no matter what. and the Golden sabers are the biggest and sharpest of the expanded shrooms.
  3. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Id prefer a 50 caliber fully automatic machine gun from a helicopter. You know like hog hunting off a helicopter but then you will run out of fuel. I would just recommend you stay on a tall building that cant be reached with thousands of rounds of centerfire ammo with days of food supply, plenty of water, and make sure there wont be no way of them getting to the top ;)
  4. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

don't forget suppressors so you don't draw even more zombies ;)
  5. gerard488

gerard488 Member

Call me crazy if you want, but I think this is disgusting. I never would have expected Hornady to sell bullets in a box that looks like it came straight out of a comic book. Is this meant to appeal to ten year olds?
    As it is, we have so many shootings and accidents caused by kids playing with guns, so many troubled and even disturbed kids in our world,so many sensless shootings,, now Hornady is going to market with "ZOMBIE" bullets.
    The people who want to get rid of guns are going to have a field day with this one,, "Zombie Bullets" The bullets that your kids will love
    From the back of the box:"They will try to distract you by waving their arms all over" "STAY FOCUSED" "HEAD: this is the only part that`s worth aiming for"
    What`s next? "special semi-auto .223 green Zombie gun"
    Grow Up Hornady, A gun is a tool for hunting, a weapon for self defense. a source of entertainment at the shooting range for "RESPONSIBLE ADULTS"
    What responsible adults need to buy ammo in bubble gum boxes?
    Again Grow Up.
    All the gun controll advocates should thank Hornady for such "GREAT AMMUNITION"
    Disgusted Mature Gun Owner
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I got to tell you, I bought a box of 500 Z-max 40 grain bullets to load in my .223 bolt action rifle. The reason I bought them - they were several dollars cheaper than the A-max and comparable bullets in the same weight. The only difference in them is the greenish yellow plastic tip.
  7. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Thats what I carry in my selfdefense gun is 185 grain Zombie Max 45 acp.I usually carry hornady critical defense which has the red insert.Hornady says that the plug helps the bullet go through clothing without the hollow point getting clogged up so it expandes properly.They were the same price.I wanted them for the box to keep it for the novelty.
  8. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Let me just make a small correction here, they are the same as the Vmax not the same as the Amax.
  9. snuffy

snuffy New Member

You're just mad because you didn't think of it. Kudos to Hornady for coming up with a marketing ploy as profitable as this!

ANYTHING that gets the younger generation interested in shooting is a good thing. If you think it's silly, that's your opinion.

Actually, get past the zombie thing, think of the hoards of hungry people that will flow out of the big cities when the TSHTF. We/preppers will have no choice but shoot those that will try to take what we've put away to survive.

Don't like the living dead? Neither do I, but let some be devoted to such, it won't hurt you.
  10. stev32k

stev32k Well-Known Member

I am not amused by the zombie ammo. Hornady is making a fool of themselves in the eyes of the anti-gun liberals. It may be viewed as a joke to some but the ammo is on the shelves priced as a premium product and people are buying. So what does that say about the gun owners that buy the stuff - nuts, fruit cakes, mental defectives.

One thing it tells me about the Hornady company is that it is run by marketing people not by serious and dedicated shooters and marksman.
  11. fasted23

fasted23 New Member

Got 2 boxes of 500 count bullets where only 79 bucks per box cheaper than the vmaxs the same bullet but green I like them cheaper makes me happy
  12. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Well said Steve!

Hmm...a zombie thread about zombie ammo...
    I kept telling myself that I WASN'T gonna post in this one but, oh well.

Back from the dead..............:D
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  13. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Thanks, I meant the V-max. As a matter of fact, I sat here thinking about the V-max and just could not pull the name out of my head.
  14. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Go ahead and call me names I thought they cool and I bought a bunch of them.Matter of fact I buy shoot n c zombie targets.Would you rather me buy human targets or make believe.You must be a liberal if you think the way you do.Id think twice before you come to this forum and call people names.Its against the rules read would ya.:mad:By the way Im a grown man and I love the zombie movies and thought it was pretty cool marketing that a company came up with something to go along with the zombie genre.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  15. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I wonder why you think Zmax is not premium ammo. It is the same and sells for the same price as the Vmax ammo.