Hostess Bakery going under!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by twobit, Nov 15, 2012.

1. twobit

twobit Active Member

ALARM!
    :eek::eek::eek:
    They have been hiding it from us by keeping us worried about all-out war in Israel, firearms bans, tax hikes....... but now the tragic news...and IT'S NOT BUSH'S FAULT!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hostess-liquidate-strikes-impede-normal-210000309.html

Hostess Bakeries is on the verge of closing forever! No more Twinkies! The hording has begun! With a shelf life of 48 years, the last Twinkie may disappear from earth within some of our lifetimes.
  2. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

If they close down I hate it for the company and stock holders. I don't feel sorry for the ones on strike. The main stream media will blame the Hostess co because they didn't give more perks. Unions suck.
  3. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

9mm check, 12 Ga check , 22 check , twinkee's check, Ho Hos check , it's all part of prepping :) besides twinkee's have a huge shelf life :)
  4. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

They said they would close if they went on strike!Dahhh!!!!!Striking in a bad economy isn't to smart.They should be happy they had a job.Ask for better deals when we recover from this.But that doesn't look very good now!
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  5. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

Yea that, I would be, I was laid off from my last job after having it for just over 3 years, it was a tough job, I worked many nights, weekends etc. without pay(salary job), when it got to be too much all I had to do was think about what it was like to be unemployed and looking for work, that would instantly cure any thoughts of quitting, I was an operations manager managing a team that performed maintenance/upkeep/upgrades on PBX's(inhouse telecom equipment), about 225 sites in all spread out from the Mexican border to WA state and Colorado to the west coast, plus Hawaii, customers were mostly hotel's, hospitals, state/govt agencies etc.,

My wife says 3 years at that job aged me at least 10 years, I think she is right, it ran me into the ground on a regular basis, mentally and physically, but would I still be glad to have it? of course, I have no sympathy for anyone that has a job but refuses to do it unless their demands are met, they must have never been unemployed in the last 10 years, if that's the case, a very rude awakening is in store,

That's when the 20/20 hindsight will kick in, which is always too late,
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Fricken unions always wanting more even when things are bad.
  7. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

the twinkiee rumor has been floating around forever. when i see it i'll believe it lol
  8. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

From the hostess website;

9. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

The unions are in business for them self's not the employees. Change the union leadership and problems go away.

The twinkiee's will last longer than the wrapers time to stock up
  10. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

The shelf life of an unrefrigerated twinkie is 25 days. It doesn't have diary in it, but it is made with eggs, so like all baked products with eggs, it's shelf life is severly limited.
    Sorry to break the bubble.
  11. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

did they go back to work?
  12. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Bankruptcy won't necessarily mean the end of Hostess. They'll get bought out and restarted with new management and employees.
  13. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

No they did not.
  14. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

what I thought astonishing is that the union financial gurus said after looking at the books that the company was being honest about going under. and yet the union, or should i say union bosses would rather have 18k of their peons lose their jobs . funny how they're bitchin about having to pay into their retirement accounts. how you gonna do that with umemployment? oh well, they'll all get alibaba phones
  15. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

OH NO , NO HOHO'S

November 16, 2012 (WLS) -- Hostess Brands announced Friday that it is winding down operations and has filed a motion with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court seeking permission to close its business and sell its assets, including its iconic brands and facilities.

Bakery operations have been suspended at all plants. Delivery of products will continue and Hostess Brands retail stores will remain open for several days in order to sell already-baked products.