Hostess Bakery going under!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by twobit, Nov 15, 2012.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Re: OH NO , NO HOHO'S

Hostess Brands says it is going out of business, closing plants that make Twinkies and Wonder Bread and it will lay off all of its 18,500 workers.

The Irving, Texas company says a nationwide worker strike crippled its ability to make and deliver its products at several locations.

Hostess had warned employees that it would file a motion in U.S. Bankruptcy Court to unwind its business and sell assets if plant operations didn't return to normal levels by Thursday evening.
    http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...its-doors-but-the/uhJhVmMYnEeFKF306vzNtg.cspx
  2. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

I guess this is the meaning of Moving FORWARD..........NOT!!!!!!!!
  3. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Prayers going out to families that are facing a tough economy that will only get tougher in the coming months.
  4. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

the hostess twinkie will live on... hostess will just license the "twinkie" name and recipe to any number of eager and greedy suitors who will be more than happy to bake and distribute twinkies... the real loser here is the unions, they are slowly killing off the goose that laid the golden egg...
  5. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

I think your right Caneman. We will still have our twinkies,
    but they will be produced by non-union workers, who will
    be happy to have a job. Have you tried a deep-fried twinkie ?
    http://www.friedtwinkies.com/recipe.html
  6. nynomad

nynomad Member

Maybe they were too quick to shut down... Colorado just passed a law to legalize pot - that should save the twinkie business!
  7. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

This food line is being attacked by the Government Food Nazis. The Left Wing Labor Unions are attacking. The stock holders of Hostess are getting out before they lose everything.
    Some bakery will pick up the lines of Hostess and Dolly Madison. The Hostess plants and labor will not be used however. All of the American Bakers many nonunion have extra production space and people during this poor econmy.:(
  8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

:eek:

Attached Files:

9. rimmer1

rimmer1 Member

I just got my 4 boxes of cupcakes, and 2 cherry pies.
    These should help me wean myself off of these products.
    They just wouldn't taste right made in China.
  10. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

That's just funny! :D

Unfortunately, the Hostess bakery in Denver will be shutting down too.
  11. carver

carver Moderator

There is more going on than just the unions. Google: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&...72266bb2224821&bpcl=38625945&biw=1093&bih=489

Obozo's health care plan will be putting a lot of folks on unemployment. Resturants just can't afford to pay for health care for all their employees, and that means a fine of $2,500 per employee that is not covered. A chain like Denny's has thousands of employees, and they will go under if they have to pay for health ins. for all employees. Yet if they don't then they get hit with about $50 milion in fines!
  12. ndiaman

ndiaman Member

Here is the rub: 18,000 employees would rater lose their job, than take an 8% reduction in pay. Today's jobless claims, 400,000 plus filed for unemployment this past week. Are these job losses, or more wanting to ger on the dole?
  13. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Maybe Hostess can declare CH-11 bankruptcy then hire a bunch of unemployed people and train them?

Win-Win!
  14. carver

carver Moderator

I don't think that anyone wants to go from a steady paycheck of around $30 - 50 thousand per year, to unemployment that will not even pay half of what you were earning, and it's tempory. The Unions are driving this, not the employees!
  15. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    No more twinkies??? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:(