Hostess Bakery going under!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by twobit, Nov 15, 2012.

1. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Member

Please stop I'm trying to go to bed and I can't when I'm laughing so hard :)
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Now that's a great post! It should be immortalized, written in stone! :D I love it!
  3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I europe the unions work with the company's in hard times they do what is right for the company's and the workers. If this company was in that bad financially the union really messed up. Sounds like mismanagement to me. How can a company that sells a product everywhere be in this bad a shape.
  4. markfh

markfh New Member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  5. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

I hate friggin' unions. I refused to join one when teaching because all they did was take money. They were supposed to represent me in a dispute with my department head to uphold the agreement, and were nowhere to be found.

In my current job, the entire office banded together to get rid of our incompetent manager that was running our department reputation into the ground. The union did help get rid of her, but all they did was put her in another location doing a lesser job (ours) while still getting manager's salary. She should have been fired!@!

Now the union is protesting the latest traffic safety regulation because it doesn't allow lane splitting for motorcycles on California bases - federal property bases. California traffic law doesn't apply inside the thin blue line, and lane splitting isn't a law anyway - it's a grey area allowance withing CA law, but it's costing the Navy money to fight it.

Unions have outlived their usefulness. Jimmy Hoffa found that out the hard way.
  6. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    APWU Celebrates Obama Victory

APWU Web News Article 134-12, Nov. 7 , 2012

Working people across the country are celebrating the re-election of President Barack Obama — and breathing a sigh of relief. After two years of relentless obstruction by Tea Party Republicans, Obama won a decisive victory that averted a potential disaster for union members and other middle-class Americans.

I also once belonged, and served as a Steward. So glad to away form all that crap! I got stories you would not believe!
  8. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever read "Atlas Shrugged"? You can google and read about on Wikipedia. Seems like the management at Hostess just shrugged...
  9. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

It would not surpise me if he did that.