Hostess Bakery going under!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by twobit, Nov 15, 2012.

1. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

2. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

3. ndiaman

ndiaman Member

Hi Carver: I would agree with you that it is illogical to give up a perfectly good job to go on unemployment, but this is what the workers/union did. If unions do not listen to their members, then what sort of union is it? I spent 38 yrs in law enforcement, and there was the FOP union who collectively bargained for us with the city, but when hard times came, there were no raises. What happened to reasoanbleness?
  4. agedhunter

agedhunter Member

Want a laugh search twinkie on ebay :rolleyes:
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Welcome to the forum! I hear what you are saying, when hard times comes there are no raises. But, when the hard times came along, did the FOP petition the city for LESS money? 1984, AT&T told it's employees that they were thinking about moving over seas, because it just cost to much to make phones in America. IBEW demanded a pay raise for it's employees. I told IBEW that I would take a cut in pay to keep my job, they laughed at me! 1 month later almost 8,000 folks were looking for a job from the Shreveport plant alone!
  6. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

During my career also belonged to the FOP .....they got six fellow officers laid off so the city could buy two new garbage trucks ......:( IMHO unions Suck !

Oh and we had a " No Strike Clause " great that worked so well too .....

Two other jobs later in life ....Union ...did nothing but take money out of my check .......I'm not a big fan ..
  7. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

I make my own Twinkies, taste much better. Might not last 30 years, around here lucky to last a few days. My favorite is a cream cheese/ cool whip filling sweetened with confectioners sugar.
  8. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Love those deep fried twinkies.
  9. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I am in the American Postal Worker's Union and I agree with the statement that union's suck. I have been paying union dues for several years and found out a few weeks ago that our treasurer embezzled almost $28,000 out of our local union's checking and savings accounts since November 2011. I think that the local President is in on it too, because she does not want to prosecute the treasurer!! What kind of crap is that.
  10. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

Obama has decided to take over Hostess Foods. The cup cakes will be free to minorty prople, single mothers, illegals and Gays. The Border Patrol has been ordered to hand out coffee and Twinkies in the Mojave Desert to welcome new Democrat voters.:eek:
  11. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

Please stop I'm trying to go to bed and I can't when I'm laughing so hard :)
  12. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Now that's a great post! It should be immortalized, written in stone! :D I love it!
  13. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I europe the unions work with the company's in hard times they do what is right for the company's and the workers. If this company was in that bad financially the union really messed up. Sounds like mismanagement to me. How can a company that sells a product everywhere be in this bad a shape.
  14. markfh

markfh New Member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  15. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

I hate friggin' unions. I refused to join one when teaching because all they did was take money. They were supposed to represent me in a dispute with my department head to uphold the agreement, and were nowhere to be found.

In my current job, the entire office banded together to get rid of our incompetent manager that was running our department reputation into the ground. The union did help get rid of her, but all they did was put her in another location doing a lesser job (ours) while still getting manager's salary. She should have been fired!@!

Now the union is protesting the latest traffic safety regulation because it doesn't allow lane splitting for motorcycles on California bases - federal property bases. California traffic law doesn't apply inside the thin blue line, and lane splitting isn't a law anyway - it's a grey area allowance withing CA law, but it's costing the Navy money to fight it.

Unions have outlived their usefulness. Jimmy Hoffa found that out the hard way.