HOT DANG....WAY TO GO, HOSS!!!!!

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by rooter, Sep 22, 2012.

1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Mom and Pop Bakery says 'no' to Biden - look what happened!

When the Secret Service walked into a small bakery in Radford, Virginia to ask the owner, Chris McMurray, if he would like a chance at priceless publicity by letting his tiny store, "Crumb and Get It", be used as a photo op for Vice President Biden, heaven knows, Chris needed all the help he could get. He and his wife had just started the small bakery only three months ago and were struggling desperately to make a go of it with a workload that often required the wife to work 24 hours straight. To the agents' astonishment, however, Chris respectfully but firmly said no . As a devout Christian (who ends each sale with "God bless"), his religious beliefs were at odds with a President whose flatly refused to step foot inside a church (save for photo ops and funerals) since gaining the Oval Office, has just endorsed gay marriage and won't celebrate Christmas but will celebrate Ramadan, etc. Chris was also at odds with that same President for telling small business owners throughout America - "you didn't build that". As Chris explained, he and his wife did build their store and thus weren't willing to let it be used for the Obama administration's political purposes.

Result? Though the female anchor of the local news channel freaked out on the air by wondering aloud if Chris didn't realize what trouble he might cause for himself by snubbing the Vice President, the reality had been the total opposite. Chris has been swamped with business. As he told the reporter days later in amazement, the phone has been ringing nonstop with orders from all over the country for Chris and his wife to deliver cookies and cupcakes to homeless shelters, churches and nonprofit groups, etc. And get this, the first orders came from the very Secret Service agents who'd requested the store for the Biden photo op. Not only were the agents not shocked by Chris' refusal, they were so delighted that they ordered cookies and cupcakes for themselves on the spot.

Click here: Here's the video

or copy/paste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_s_CGWKN8Ak
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

looks like saying no to joe
    is the way to go ... ;)
  3. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think that saying no to the Democrats is THE WAY TO GO !

Hurray for this young man of principle.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

That is just scary.

I can see how, in 1942 Germany, saying "I don't want Hitler in my shop" could lead to a visit by the Brown Shirts.

I can see how saying "no" to Stalin, in 1955 CCCP could bring about a visit from the КГБ.

I can even, possibly, see how saying "no" to Charlie and Camilla could get you a visit from some angry people (although it shouldn't), because, after all, he is the Prince.

But in America? Worrying that telling the Vice President to "piss off, I don't like you" might get him in trouble? Last time I looked we were still a free country, and while I can't kick Joe in the shins, I can certainly tell him what I think.

Can't I?
  5. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

ROFL, GOD BLESS YOU CHRIS, and God bless the Secret Service Agents for buying items after they were told no. Now thats being American for both. To bad it wasn't obama.
  6. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is what needs to happen. People have to draw a line and that line needs to define their principle belief's against the current administration. I applaud this bakery.
  7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

+1 for the baker;
    +1 for the Secret Service.

It's great when business prospers when they stand up for what they believe in.
  8. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Good for them,I wish they would show that on mainstream tv.But that isnt going to happen.
  9. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I just had to share this - I sent it out over the social networks ;)
  10. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

I'll stop in on Mon. for a pastry and a cup-o-Joe.:D:D:D
  11. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    I am certainly thrilled that this posting rec'd as much attention as it did from all of you...and in such a short period of time, to be read by those who made no remarks...I felt the same way about it when I first watched and listened to the young baker....and with your remarks and acceptance, just goes to show that we Americans won't be tread on!!! Chief
  12. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

10- Chief.
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Just proves that some people will stand up for what they believe. He could have said, "I don't care, as long as it doesn't affect me"! May God Bless this small business!
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  14. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Simple.....
    Morals and Convictions !
    God bless Crumb & Get It and the owners.
  15. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

That's the true American spirit.

Back in the day, when I was still teaching in a mid-west high school, Hillary Clinton was giving the commencement address because, as it turned out, she was a long-time friend of the family of one of our students. All of the faculty and staff were "strongly" urged to attend. I guess I was the only one who didn't show up. I did have lunch with the secret service men the day before. They didn't care much for her either.