1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Hot & Spicy Pheasant & Pasta Soup

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by CBR1000RR, Nov 10, 2004.

1. CBR1000RR

CBR1000RR New Member

Spicy Pheasant & Patsa Soup

• cayenne pepper
    • black pepper
    • cracked red pepper
    • chili powder
    • crushed garlic
    • spice islands "italian herb" seasoning
    • salt
    • quart or more chicken broth
    • 4-6 cups pasta (salad & rotini) (pre-cooked)
    • 3-4 cups pheasant chopped (or chicken) (pre-cooked)
    • 1 onion diced, microwaved on high 1-2 mins to soften up
    • optional: rice or barley (cut down on pasta if adding)
    • optional: veggies (1 or more): diced celery, peas, corn, green onion (ive tried it with all of them and its very good).

Pour broth into semi-large pot. Add italian herb seasoning, enough to where the pot is half covered on the top. Add 2 pinches blk. pepper, pinch salt, 2 pinches red pepper, 1 pinch chili powder, 1 1/2 to 2 cloves crushed garlic, finally 4 pinches cayenne pepper (you want the broth to take on a reddish color). Microwave the onion (and celery if you are using it) covered (to steam and soften up), add it to broth along w/ any other veggies you are using. Add pheasant (or chicken), add pasta and any other ingredients, stir well for 2 minutes on medium high, turn on medium and simmer for 4-7 minutes, then turn off or on low when serving. Serves 4+ . Double everything if serving more than that. I love this recipe, reheats nicely the next day too! :cool:
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thanks CBR...

Again, someone's going to have to send me some pheasant! :D

~Crpdeth
  3. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

I got a freezer full! If I only knew how to send em!
  4. CBR1000RR

CBR1000RR New Member

I know what ya mean. No pheasant here either right now :D ... substituting chicken tastes pretty good too. Would vacuum sealing do the trick trapp? How do they send that meat thats in the skymall catalog?
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Heh Heh, thanks Trap, just kidding though...It would probabally be more trouble than its worth. :D :D :D

~Crpdeth
  6. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    TRAP...

Mine are frozen in individual zip lock bags. If frozen hard enough... -5 to -10 degrees, get a small styrofoam ice chest, lay a chunk of dry ice in the bottom...you may have to cut it to size...then lay in the birds and top off with another layer of dry ice. Seal lid with duct tape, drop in a sized to fit cardboard box, seal it up and send it via either FedEx..or second day air or ground.

They'll get there in good shape. The Omaha steaks are frozen to -20 degrees Farenheit...and packed and shipped the same way!

Just thought you might want to know!

John