House passes Cyberintelligence Sharing and Protection Act.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by whymememe, Apr 30, 2012.

1. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

2. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

IMO, it ain't going nowhere. The socialcrats in the senate would have to say yes, then bHo would have to sign it. Nope.
  3. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

??? I'm confused.

In a snap vote last night, the House of Representatives passed the controversial Cyberintelligence Sharing and Protection Act, more commonly known as CISPA. The final roll call was 248-168, with most of the Republicans voting in favor and most of the Democrats voting against.

Am I reading this right? The bill would allow more snooping into our private business??? Then why would republicans vote in favor of it, and the dems against? Someone explain please.
  4. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

It's a big hoax, my friend. For decades we, the american people, have been hoodwinked into thinking that there is a difference between the two main parties.

The plan has always been to keep the masses fueding about token issues, while in the background and behind closed doors, the LEADERSHIP in both the Republican party and the Democrate party make deals and follow a plan laid out by the globalist bankers. I know I've posted the video before but I can't recommend it enough.

If you can watch at least the first 10 minutes, that's where alittle of this issue is discussed. But the whole video is definately worth your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  5. raven818

You would agree, I assume, that " something " has to be done to protect us from the chinese, other enemies and home grown nuts who would shut us down? I think everyone agrees on it. The possibility to do great harm to us has been referred to as a " Digital Pearl Harbor, and the resulting chaos and deaths will be much greater.

The latest report I could find ( 6 months into 2009 ) indicated:
    I also think we can agree that technology over the last 3-4 years has improved dramatically. The information above relates to china, only!

The chinese, or whom ever, only have to get one thing right to completely shut this country down, and destroy it completely in the process. Bring down the grid. No one knows for sure what time frame is involved in restoring it. The educated guesses range from six months, to ten years.

As to private businesses/corporations, here's a couple quotes that are attention getting. It seems the feds don't care:

How is this possible, we're the United States?

Am I espousing an invasion of our privacy? Absolutely not!!

But, imagine us without electricity for just the minimum " guess " of six months. Since no one, anywhere, can correctly guesstimate what the time frame will be, we'll just be told that the Grid is down ( hmmm, wonder how we'll be told, no way to tell us? ).

There has never been any riots anywhere in history, that will compare once the populace finally figures what happened.

Generators? Nope. No place to buy gas. And all the places we know of to steal gas, will more than likely be empty once we shoot our way to them.

The law that bHo WILL NOT sign off on, to most, sounds like a great thing. It'll protect us all from snoopy government MIB's.

Refusing to sign off on it, could just as easily be the magic bullet that kills millions of people.

Most of the folks on the survivor shows have a plan that would, in their mind, protect them for a few months to a year. No it won't. They'll die trying to protect it because they're telling their neighbors about their stash. Soooo stupid.

Sure, in a short time scenario, wanting to help others makes us feel giddy allover.

There has been ongoing conversations here about Armageddon. IMO, if the chinese, or anybody, gets their act together, Armageddon arrives overnight.

It's like social security, medicare, medicaid, 401's and all of the other safety nets...it has to be addressed, like it or not.

BTW, all of those safety nets...if the grid does go down, they go down with it.

None of the above are fictitious stories being spread by the internet. They're real. With that in mind, what are you willing to give up to save yourselves?

Nothing at all? Best of luck.
  6. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

raven818,
    I can see you did your homework on this issue and that is very commendable.

(here it comes)
    HOWEVER,
    this is a CLASSIC example of the Hegalian dialectic. Create a problem, let the people react, and low and behold here's the solution.

So time will tell if you are correct. But the way I see this is; "be very afraid, you WILL be attacked if you don't let us make this itsi-bitzy change to the free and unrestricted internet."

I'm tellin' ya the free and unrestricted internet is killin' them. They can't control the information right now. Maybe if they clamp down on the free information on the internet they can stop the awakening that is taking place all around the world. I don't think they will succeed. But like I said, maybe your right or maybe I'm right. Time will tell.
  7. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I made the mistake of supporting the Patriot act and am not inclined to make the same mistake again. I prefer liberty over safety. Haligan you are spot on.
  8. raven818

There again, it's subjective. :)

What would any of us do, if we were told to do X, because it is a matter of National Security? Hard to say.
  9. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

IMNSHO:

1. All of our activities - phone calls, letters, and more recently, E-maiil and/or forum posts have long been "tracked" by various agencies of the USG s o what's a a "secret" ! >MW
  10. raven818

Ultra Secret Google
  11. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Big Corporate cash funds the elections. So, Big Corporations got what they wanted; immunity from responsibility to the American people. They can give our data to the govt and there is nothing we can do about it, no legal action, nothing.