How about a new Postal Match?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by wuzzagrunt, Aug 30, 2003.

1. wuzzagrunt

wuzzagrunt New Member

Apr 20, 2003
    NYC
    Category: 1.) Unaltered Finnish sporters at least 35 years old; 2.) Scope of your choice; 3.) FMJ .30-06 ammo (M2 ball) at least 45 years old; 4.) From the bench at 200 yards (supported); 5.) Three shot groups at any standard target.

Aw shucks, it looks like I win. :D

[​IMG]

OK, Ok! So I rigged the competition a little. I just felt like braggin' on my Sako Finnbear (circa 1965). I was shooting Yugo ball ammo with a 1958 headstamp and finetuning my scope zero. Holy cow! This stick can shoot!

I haven't even gotten around to bedding the action yet.

[​IMG]

2. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

Jul 5, 2003
    The Sorprano State
    I'd like to join ya Wuzzagrunt, but I have a few problems with the rules......;)

#1- I've yet to buy a rifle....(although I may have a Springfield M1A in a week or so)

#2- it'll shoot .308, not .30-06......(but they are close)

#3- the shooting range I belong to only has a 100 yard rifle range........(so I'd have to make them 6 shot groups to equal 3 shots at 200 yards)

Can I still play.....?:D

3. wuzzagrunt. Does it have to be a Fin sporter or just 30-06...;)

4. wuzzagrunt

wuzzagrunt New Member

Apr 20, 2003
    NYC
    Welllllllllll, I thought it would be somewhat crass to just come out and say: "Look at what my reasonably priced, used rifle can do--neener, neener, neener! " :D

But, that's what I was really thinking. ;)

Hey, if ya got a standard sporter that can shoot .4 MOA (give or take), with M2 Ball, bring it on!

5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

This has to be one of the sneakiest bragging post to date.
    Good one. :D :D