how about a search by state feature?

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by bobski, May 7, 2012.

1. bobski

bobski Former Guest

i was going to pm all members in the mo. area for a TFF BBQ/SHOOT. it would be easy for us to pm people if a search would list all people by state, based on what members listed as their state. can it be done?
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Bob, I can check but I don't think our software will do that. Also, we you sign up at TFF, it isn't necessary to list your State of residence altho some do in their sigline.
    When new members sign in one of the first things I look at is their IP address.

You may just want ot make a "Who's from Missouri" thread and I'll make it a sticky.
  3. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I started to not list my state. It's a conscious decision when folks sign up.
    You listed three. :rolleyes:
  4. bobski

bobski Former Guest

raven, i own 4 homes. 2 in conn., 1 in va., 1 in mo. its legit.

this was just an idea to make tff even greater. might be worth a shot if you could do something like that. it might help locate people closer than we would think...that want to be found.
    look at beth. shes 6 miles from my conn home and we never would have known. we will be shooting together in aug. all because we listed a state.

i went ahead and posted a whos from mo thread. stick away!

now that might be an interesting thing for TFF. you might want to create a whole new room with all 50 states listed....'whos from...____?'
    hmmmm!?
    Last edited: May 10, 2012