how activists learn about reality

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Jul 10, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

2. 22to12gauge

22to12gauge Former Guest

Just an example of the failures of democratic mob rule.

And Jack, you are an activist because you fight for gun rights in your country :p
  3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Gun rights are only the tip of the iceberg for Jack.

Good one, Jack.
  4. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I wonder how reinstating their Parliament is going to sit with the Generals? IMO, we'll not see any action toward releasing their Blind Sheik until ( if ) bHo is reelected.

I feel certain, if he's in office in 2013, there will be some mitigating circumstances that will arise to get him sent back to Egypt. His health maybe. Kinda like the Lockerbie Bomber, Megrahi, ( Pan An Flight 103 ) was released by Britain, cause him didn't feel good.. :bleh: Humanitarian reasons, they said. Hey, ain't that the reason we bombed Libya? Humanitarian reasons?

Wow, doing all this good, all over the world, makes me feel giddy all over.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yeah i'm a activist, but i thought it a great example of how democracy can be turned against you .. how its normally a fair system until something totally unfair appears

islam
  6. 22to12gauge

22to12gauge Former Guest

Yes, democracy has many downfalls, whether it be direct or representative.

Direct - Mob rule, minority has no protection from majority, media easily manipulates the masses to vote not in their best interest

Representative - officials can be persuaded or lobbied from outside forces to not act in their constituents best interest, often can't relate to the peasants because the elected officials are the "best and brightest" (and richest) so the officials are familiar with high-culture (as opposed to low or popular culture), can give lip-service to the masses and convince the masses to vote for them but after elections act differently.

My political science professor (progressive) asked if anyone had something bad to say about democracy. I was the only one to raise my hand. :rolleyes:
  7. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Accepted.