How "bout that Walter Read Hosptial story?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seward, Mar 2, 2007.

1. seward

seward Former Guest

The Washington Post might be even more liberal that the NYT---- and looks like WP had a big role in getting Secretary of Army fired today because of messed up US Army hospital.... What's everybody's take? Correct Spelling is "Reed"
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  2. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

That mess is an embarrassment. I'm sure more than 2 heads will end up rolling, & rightly so.
  3. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Looks like crap is rolling Uphill on this one. But as you military folks know, responsibility flows from the top down.

The boss is ultimatley responsible for those he commands.
    Especialy the General grade officers.
  4. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

It took WAY too long for the heads to roll, and it should not have taken a "news report" to make ti happen!
  5. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

Some of the engineering projects I work on include VA hospitals. I haven't seen any problems, but I think any facility catering to our veterans' needs should be at least as good - if not better - than those catering to civilians. What happened at Walter Reed is a shame, an atrocity. Nobody in the service should ever allow such things happen to fellow servicemen.
  6. durk

durk Active Member

Very True!!

Yes, Excellent quotes!

This is Government health care! All you folks that want socialized/Government health care better be rethinking your positions!:eek:
  7. seward

seward Former Guest

Parenthetically, ...I've got great health-care benefits at the moment..
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  8. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

You are so right my friend

Yes it is a shame that it happened but do you think that for minute every other solider was treated in a perfect sterilized hospital room. It is possible that old closed wards had to be opened Not that it is right nor do I think they should be allowed to continue to use them. But let's get the entire story before we hang some one, THEN we can sleep after the hanging :)
  9. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

My wife & I have good health ins. She uses her Doc. but I go to the V.A. and I wouldn't trade it for anything. She is always getting the run around about who wil pay what part and finds it hard to just walk in and see the Doc. I will stay with the V.A. in Biloxi.
  10. clmanges

clmanges New Member

This is reprehensible. Even though I have never been in the military and am opposed to the war in Iraq, I think it shameful to short-change our soldiers this way. They volunteered, signed away some of the rights they have as civilians, and don't get to choose where they're sent. Still, they do their duty, and when they come home, for whatever reason and in whatever condition, they should get a hero's welcome, and that should extend to the best medical (and psychological) care we can give them. Instead, they get treated as disposable goods. This has been going on forever; I've almost never heard a good word about the VA from any GI I've ever spoken with, going back almost 40 years.
    Why does this continue?
    Grr-r-r!
  11. I must agree with Ron on this. If what actually happened at Waltar Reed is indeed as it has been reported in the media, the ones responsible should be identified and fired for incompetence. Whatever the case, the difficiencies must be corrected immediately. Our service men and woman deserve the best care America has to offer. Yet before we set up the guillotine and start lopping heads, I agree with Ron that ALL the facts must be identified and fairly evaluated. It makes no sense to replace the whole engine if it's only a spark plug or two that's broken. :D
  12. Thunderhawk88

Thunderhawk88 New Member

If it was as bad as reported then that is truly a crime of the highest order. Our Veterans gave alot to this country, some gave all, and the ones that need the VA should get the best treatment and facilities in the nation!
  13. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Lawyers litigate their mistakes.:eek:
    The VA buries theirs.:confused:
    Just one persons opinion. :mad:

Why the surprise?? You notice the wounded ABC correspondent received what appears to be front line treatment.Hillary will receive her pension for the rest of her life,if she outlives Bill she gets his pension for the rest of her life. Should I die on the 31st at 2359 hours my widow has to give the government my last paycheck back as I didn't live out the complete month. This is a democracy that if you have money you get the best of everything,otherwise you do the best you can. Feel free to correct me if this post has any inaccuracies. catfish
  14. Nortranman

Nortranman New Member

I can't say what is happening in Walter Reed. But I depend on the VA in Portland, Oregon for my health care. I have a bad heart and busted back along with diabetes and I can't say enough about the care that I am given. The facility is new and treatment is top notch. Besides the VA doctors, the Oregon Health Sciences University is right next door and renders a lot of help. I feel sorry for these guys who were mistreated at what was once a very highly regarded Hospital.