How did you find TFF?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trevor1837, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Trevor1837

Trevor1837 New Member

I personally was looking for an answer about .22 ammunition when I stumbled upon this forum, I thought I'd join after reading how helpful the responses were on other threads. How'd you guys find it?
  2. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I had just got banned from another forum for a bunch of BS and started looking for a new hang out I googled firearms forums and TFF was top of the list popped over and lurked for a day or two then signed up.
  3. geds

geds New Member

Stumbled in while trying to figure a way to value some inherited guns. I felt so welcomed, I never left!
  4. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

I don't remember! But I am sure glad that I did!
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Back on '07 I was hunting around for .44 mag reloading techniques and tips. I had a 10.5" Ruger Blackhawk at the time and wanted the most out of it. It was my first pistol/revolver cartridge to reload and all my previous reloading experience was with .303 british only.

Like Geds said, I just never left..

I had a bit of a rocky start here though, I was quickly labeled a 'Dangerous threat to society" by one of the mods at the time because I only had 1 reloading manual and used the net to cross reference data which included asking TFF members their opinions on certain things. But I was a poor guy back then and barely could afford the equipment I had.

In hindsight, I would have bought a few manuals before buying reloading equipment. But i was going thru gunsmithing school at the time (finished summer '06) and the Lyman 48th came with it as part of the ammo manufacturing part of the course. Which got me wanting to reload real bad..

Sorry, rambling.. TFF is the best forum on the WWW and I love it here. Our members make this place what it is!
  6. H-D

H-D Active Member

Googled how to make 1911 grips read a few posts got a more laid back attitude here never left
  7. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

By good fortune, I just stumbled across it.

You know, I will occasionally visit other forums (firearms and other topics), and I don't care for many or most of them simply because there always seem to be a few smart ... butts... who seem to delight in berating others on their forums. Bad thing is, their moderators allow it.
    I can't stand rude people. Even behind the anonymity of a keyboard, I will not be a part of such a forum.
    I think that is one of the things that make TFF stand out. There is very little in the way of such behavior here, and the mod's do a good job of nipping it in the bud if it gets out of hand.

8. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

I had just purchased 16 guns and this was the most helpful group around
  9. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

In late January 2001, I got an email from Tac401 telling me he had a plan. He opened the doors on Feb 9th and I haven't been able to escape since. :)
  10. Trevor1837

Trevor1837 New Member

This really a great forum, with great, helpful people.
  11. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I got banned from another forum so I searched around and i found this forum
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  12. Juker

Juker New Member

I second hkruss. I had visited several forums and seen the foul language, rude behavior, flaming, and common net attitude of anonymity that has brought freedom of speech to a new low in this country. (As in my recent comment on another thread, "Don't post comments on youtube.")

Life is just too short to waste time with trolls, and there seem to be millions of people in this world who have made internet flaming a fulltime gig.

The first post I read last February was a very long thread about the Bible and personal defense/killing others. Jack had posted some great stuff, and I joined and jumped right in. I'm not on Facespace, Mybook, Twizzler, or any other forums (though I do lurk around some Ford truck forums). I don't have a cell phone and I don't text, and amazingly, people who need to reach me have no problem doing so.

I just love this place.
  13. Trevor1837

Trevor1837 New Member

Yeah I visited another forum a little while ago, there was this post commemorating the lost heros on December 7th, everyone was saying r.i.p. and god bless and what not, then a moderator comes along and closes the thread because it's not "directly related to firearms" even though it was on their general discussion page! It's ridiculous!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  14. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I'm a member of a rimfire forum and an AR forum one that's misc., and here. The rimfire foum is the best I've found, and many members here are there as well. I don't get back much though. The AR forum was/is too full of wannabe Rambo types. I never go there any more.

I was turned onto TFF by JetGirl. She lurks here on occasion, but rarely posts.

Shortly after jioning TFF, there was a member that pulled one to many of my strings. He dissed my Unclae that was a survivor of the Bataan Death March. NO ONE does that and gets away with it. He got both barrels, I got spanked, and he was banned. Donny was very understanding, but he had a job to do. I knew it was coming and was ready to be banned. But it was worth it to me. I'm still here thanks to the mods we have. Then there was the time I referred to Harry Reid as an ignorant slut. That one was reversed.

Anywho... I'm here every day. Why? Because it feels like family. It's like my 2nd home. There's not a day that goes by that I don't learn something, and no topic is off limits. And no question is too stoopid, or gets ingnored.

The members and the mods here are 2nd to none in my book. The principal thing that stands out to me is respect. We may disagree at times, but we do it respectfuly.

I guess I'm here because you're here. Thank you one and all.
  15. Poppypaul

Poppypaul Member

I stumbled upon it while searching for some firearm information. Early on I was suprised to see a post about a religous topic and questioned why it was being posted on a "firearm forum." I did not know at that time that there is a section on religous posts and comments. Instead of telling me I did not know what I was talking about the replies were very considerate and respectfull. It was explained to me that all sorts of post come to TFF and that was OK. If I did not care to read about religous stuff all I had to do was not open the post. At any rate it was posted on the relious postings section.
    I was so impressed with the caliber of knowledge, respectfullness, helpfullness amd general civility of the members I stayed on and never regreted it. It is by far the best forum I have ever been associated with and I am proud to be a family member.
  16. CB350

CB350 New Member

I bought an Iver Johnson pistol. I quickly found out this forum was a gold mine of info on Iver Johnson due to Bill Goforth. He has passed away but his spirit lives on in TFF.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  17. herohog

herohog New Member

I followed a link from a local forum about an event at a local range and liked it enough to stay and place it at the top of my "Read Daily" list.
  18. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

I was looking for draftees of the Viet Nam war to get their thoughts.
  19. hunter29180

hunter29180 Active Member

I was looking for info on relading the 45 colt. found TFF on a search and lurked for about 2 months just reading. Was so impressed with the community spirit and the lack of trools i finally signed up! very glad i did!!
  20. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

i found TFF when i was trying to find out how much my grandma's .32 H&R Guardsman was worth. i got some good, educational answers from the members on this forum, and one of them even offered to buy it. we arranged a meeting, but i was late and missed him, but the owner of the store we were to meet at made an offer and i accepted.

unfortunately i used to be one of the "smartdonkeys" that you speak of, until i finally realized that those other people on the internet are real people with real feelings. i started off on the wrong foot here on TFF with comments that would have gotten me banned on most other forums that are inhabited but civilized people, but "a soft answer turns away wrath", and the mods here were ever ready with the soft answers. :)