How do you carry?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by lentz, Apr 6, 2010.

1. lentz

lentz Former Guest

I prefer the crossdraw.Easier and faster to get to when needed.My brother carries a little pocket pistol.Would be hard to get at in carjacking or mugging.
    I could see myself digging in pocket...would be shot or stabbed before I got my hand /gun out.
  2. sorral

sorral New Member

I only carry strong side hip, or strong side IWB. I carry a full size 1911 and it seems to hide well.
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

When I carry, I carry in my plastic Springfield holster, on the right hand side, with my shirt tucked in so that the weapon is clearly visible and I don't get arrested. Surprisingly, when carrying concealed on my property, I find it easier to do it with the Springfield holster with my shirt over it compared to carrying in that Uncle Mike's IWB holster I have. My Springfield 1911-A1 Loaded seems to be noticeably lighter than that Rock Island GI 1911 I had.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  4. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    A 1911A1, strong side, belt slide, or a paddle, Yaqui style holster. A double mag pouch on the left hip.

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      33.3 KB
      Views:
  6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

In the pocket (90%) and IWB (10%). I haven't found any other methods that I like.
  7. steve666

steve666 New Member

Right (strong) side FBI carry.
  8. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

Strong side
  9. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I carry all strong side unless I'm driving most of the day and then I'll use a Ken Null Vampire which carries the firearm parallel to the ground, crossdraw. It is a great holster if you drive a great deal but for normal carry is just OK. On the strong side I use a Crossbreed Supertuck Delux IWB in cooler weather, Pocket Carry with a Simply Rugged pocket protector in warm weather with shorts. Finally I have a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar pancake for OWB.

I have gravitated to either pocket carry or IWB depending on weather for most of my carry choices and I use the same firearm an SP101.
  10. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

Strong side, behind the hip.
    .45 Micro.

[​IMG]

Weak side hip and jacket pocket when driving.
    .327 Magnum, 110gr.

[​IMG]

zfk55
  11. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Strong side IWB, probably about the 4 O'Clock position.

I do not carry very often though, looking to pick up a snub nose .38 potentially to make carrying much more simple. The USP is just a beastly weapon, it is fine to carry sometimes, but frequently I wish I had something I could toss in a pocket holster and go.
  12. pawn

pawn Active Member

#1 S&W 638 Bodyguard, strongside, front pocket (galco pocket holster)
    #2 CZ Rami BD, Crossbreed Super-Tuck, strong side
  13. Merick The Red

Merick The Red New Member

I carry a full size 45 cal Glock 21 in a leather IWB holster on the right side. I dont spend a lot of time in a vehicle, if I did I would carry cross draw.

I also keep a 200 lumen Surefire flashlight and Emerson combat Karambit on me.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  14. Old John

Old John New Member

Ruger 2.25", SP101, .357 mag., carried strong side, in Galco High-ride open top
    pancake holster, referred to as FBI carry.
  15. Just One Shot

Just One Shot Member

When I carry my pocket pistol, instead of my other guns, I pull the pocket holster up so that the grip is sticking out of the top of my pocket when I'm in a car. This position allows me to draw the gun while in a seated position even with the seatbelt on. For me, it's as easy as a crossdraw and easier than some of the IWB holsters that are out there.