How do you feel about this .22 cal. plinker

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Deacon_Man, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

I took my Chiappa 1911-22 to the indoor range today. I set my target at 15 yards and the pistol held a two inch pattern with every clip I shot. I never had a jam or fte out of the 80 rounds I sent down range. I really was very empressed with the pistol. I was shooting federal .22lr high volosity bulk I bought at Walmart for $15.49 a box of 550 rounds. It sure was a lot of fun shooting all I wanted and not breaking the bank doing it. Before I went to the range I field striped the the gun and cleaned it real good and re-oiled everything except the slide grooves. I went out to my shop and got a little of grafite greese and lubed the slide grooves with it. The grease really made the slide work smooth. The manual that came with the gun said I would have failures in the first 150 rounds during the break-in, that just did not happen.
    John
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Ain't it great when a plan works out just the way you wanted. Great shooting and a lot of fun to come.
  3. Enzo_Guy

Enzo_Guy New Member

I've heard GSG is one of the best brands for .22LR 1911s, they seem to get pretty good reviews and GSG is known for their tactical .22LR carbines.

The only thing I know about Chiappa is they make some ugly revolvers! Never seen anything tabout their .22 1911s, if I was to purchase one myself I'd stick to GSG.