1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

How do you feel about this .22 cal. plinker

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Deacon_Man, Nov 11, 2011.

1. aandabooks

aandabooks Member

Can't get one in Illinois because the metal they are made from has a melt point below 800F. MC Sports had them in their ad for $239 and when I asked, that is what the salesguy told me.

I bought a Colt 1911a1 in .22 a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it. Steel frame, aluminum slide and metal mags. It is more than the Chiappa though.
  2. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Ruger Mark III.....Just do it. In the end you get what you pay for.
  3. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Ive looked at the Puma, but came away a little unimpressed...I think it was the balance, maybe or something...I bought the GSG 1911-22 and very well pleased...It will shoot absolutely anything I stuff in the magazine...even some 30 years old Fed Lightnings...The Sig 1911-22 is made by GSG and is identical except for the slide stamping, plus a little more expensive...
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Look into the CZ KADET - a .22 lr that is identical to the CZ-75. I recently bought one from a friend - it is extremely reliable and reasonably accurate (probably better than I can shoot, at this point in life.)
  5. somawas

somawas New Member

I've got the Umarex USA Colt model of this plinker. It's not a target gun, so as a plinker, it's fun to shoot. Other than the barrel being fixed to the frame, it breaks down almost like a 1911/ 45ACP and the beaver tail safety and thumb safties operate like a 1911/ 45ACP.

Attached Files:

6. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

I took my Chiappa 1911-22 to the indoor range today. I set my target at 15 yards and the pistol held a two inch pattern with every clip I shot. I never had a jam or fte out of the 80 rounds I sent down range. I really was very empressed with the pistol. I was shooting federal .22lr high volosity bulk I bought at Walmart for $15.49 a box of 550 rounds. It sure was a lot of fun shooting all I wanted and not breaking the bank doing it. Before I went to the range I field striped the the gun and cleaned it real good and re-oiled everything except the slide grooves. I went out to my shop and got a little of grafite greese and lubed the slide grooves with it. The grease really made the slide work smooth. The manual that came with the gun said I would have failures in the first 150 rounds during the break-in, that just did not happen.
    John
  7. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ain't it great when a plan works out just the way you wanted. Great shooting and a lot of fun to come.
  8. Enzo_Guy

Enzo_Guy New Member

I've heard GSG is one of the best brands for .22LR 1911s, they seem to get pretty good reviews and GSG is known for their tactical .22LR carbines.

The only thing I know about Chiappa is they make some ugly revolvers! Never seen anything tabout their .22 1911s, if I was to purchase one myself I'd stick to GSG.