How dumb can some people be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by howlnmad, Aug 19, 2011.

1. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

This past Monday my daughter and 2 grandsons who live with us, got a raging phone call from her ex. He threatened to kill everyone in the house. This guy was screaming like never heard before. My daughter told the wife that she was sure this wasn't one of his empty threats and he was coming. The wife called 911 and was told that the police were quite busy but would be there soon. She got her gun out and stood guard. She then called me and I called my friend the Mayor. I was just giving him a heads up if something went bad. The cops finally showed but were treating the women like patting kids on the head. The Mayor shows up and they changed their tone. Shortly later the ex shows up and is dumb enough to get out. Ending is... the Mayor tells them to "haul his a$$ in". He's got a public assault, domestic violence and public intoxication charge against him now. He's cooling his heels cuz he can't find anyone to bail him out. There's more to the story but space won't let me tell it. I was just amazed that he was dumb enough to get out with a police car and the Mayors car sitting in front of the house.
    Just venting or cheering for the stupid, don't know which.
  2. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

Definitely not the brightest bulb on the christmas tree.
  3. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Dunno if I would have given him such an easy out. He headed over with malicious intent obviously, and was out of the realm of reality enough to get out of his car and make his intention clear with a cop and a city official on scene. I would have weighed the hi likelyhood of him attempting something like that again, but the next time most likely unannounced so the mayor and cops wont be there. I would have just shot the scumbag in the chest a few times and arranged a funeral. Theres no place in the world for people like him. I wouldnt be able to stomach the thought of him hurting or killing any one of my family members. Just my $.02
  5. H-D

H-D Active Member

I'm really glad everyone is ok (except the idiot too bad he didnt get a load of buckshot) and I'm glad the cops did their job and all but whats to stop him from now on? He will just be madder now when he gets out , I would stay on high alert
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

While you may feel this way, you can not shoot someone for a verbal threat. Had he shown up and attempted to carry it out well then he would be pushin up daisys. I think it ended well and I hope he was just spouting off. I am sure she will be prepared if there ever is a next time. Cheers to the mayor for making them haul him off. I cant stand punks that threaten women and children.
  7. geds

geds New Member

I agree with Double D. Can you get a restraining order against him while he's in the cooler? It won't stop him from coming back if he has a mind to, but it at least provides you with more ammunition to defend your family (from a legal sense) should he show back up.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I realize that DD, but the fact that he made the threat and then showed up is reason enough for me to believe he was there to make good his threats. I suppose its just me being a Texas Native and spoilt to the 2nd ammendment rights we still have. Legally, had this happened to me, Here in Texas, I could have justifiably used deadly force the moment he stepped onto my property whether he were armed or not. I am not current on the Castle Doctrine laws of other states, but here in TX, it covers much more than a persons home, and making a threat over the phone of that nature and then showing up in the capacity to carry out something of the nature, he would have been dead on my lawn.
  9. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Very good idea. I see no reason why a Judge would not give a restraining order. The Mayor may already hav eit done.
  10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

The Castle Doctrine and 'No retreat' laws are a bit different. We don't have Castle Doctrine here in WA. We have 'No Retreat/Stand your ground'.

I'm not versed in Castle cuz it doesn't apply to me. Our law goes well beyond 'personal property'. Anyone in our state, that fears for the life of another in a conflict, is free to use deadly force. Then the court battle starts.
  11. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Maybe. Its likely your life would never be the same again. Believe me, I have zero tolerence for low life cowards and he may need whats coming to him. But, if I were you or anyone else, I would make sure your shooting is justifiable. I appreciate texas law, but I would not want to "test" it either. If he shows up and agressively kicks down a door then you do what ya gotta do. I just would be certain I am in the right.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

usually in cases like this the city will put an EPO on the aggressor which is usually effective for 30 days. This gives the family time to figure out if they are going to file charges or a permenent restraining order themselves.

My brother and his girl got into a scuffle over another woman. She was beating his ass in the front of their apartments when the cops arrived. they arrested her and filed an EPO against her. She wasnt allowed to even go home for 30 days. She snuck home anyway a week later, her and my brother had made up and were 'back to normal' someone saw her and reported it to the cops. The cops arrived about 20 minutes later, her and my bro were in bed together.. They drug her out of bed and arrested her on the spot. Another 15 days in the cooler and an EPO violation charge. She was just too damn stubborn to stay at her mommas house for a month..
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats pretty much the deal here too bob. Except to my knowledge they dont call it 'no retreat' its just part of the castle doctrine. They had a guy here in the DFW area a few months ago shoot and kill his neighbor because the guy came home drunk and began beating his wife and daughter relentlessly in the front yard. The neighbor went over to try to stop the man from beating his family and the guy went berserk, the neighbor drew his .45 and emptied it in the guys chest and stomach. he was pronounced dead on site. The neighbor was cleared of charges before the cops left that evening given the deceased had a domestic violence record a mile long and there were 2 barely living pieces of evidence that proved the deceased was intent on killing someone.
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Agreed! :)
  15. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Just to clarify...

The law here applies to wherever yer at. Home, neighbor, another town, etc. Anywhere in the state.

Badguys beware.:mad: