How easy is it to build an AR15?

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by Albtraum, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

I would HIGHLY recommend a QUALITY set of roll pin punches and small ball peen hammer. I would get a build guide with clearly explained steps there can be had on utube m1dwayusa and other sources. There are a few steps that for the new builder can be very frustrating until you learn how they are done. Those things done it is fairly easy to have a person with no experience build one. Do not rush take your time and go slow.
  2. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

So easy EVEN A CAVEMAN COULD DO IT!!!

Or should that be, SO EASY EVEN A MARINE CAN DO IT!!?? ;)
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  3. ejkoechling

ejkoechling Active Member

can't wait, I'll buy my first so I can shoot, then I'll build. Now ......when can I afford to buy my first????????????????
  4. JTofGPD

JTofGPD New Member

I just finished my build for $575 completed. First 6 shots i took at 30 yards were covered by a dime. The 3 shot 100 yard group was just over 1.25" with iron sights. I used a New frontier lw-15 polymer lower, dpms 20" hbar barrel, psa blemished upper, and dpms bolt. Shoots awesome! I used Joe Bob Outfitters, Palmetto State Arms, JSE Surplus, and New Frontiers for all the parts. IMO- worth every penny i saved.
  5. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I'm figuring on doing it the easy way - buy a complete lower, a complete upper and the bolt. That's all it takes. No extra tools or hassle.
  6. armenjs802

armenjs802 New Member

Well, one of the few banned States in US, and for
    You may need special wise and torque ratchet. megwell block is nice and handy as well. ohh and a m16 armorer tool about $16, its like five tool in one.
    Nice going!
  7. A square 10

A square 10 New Member

its fairly easy , finding all the parts at an affordable price will be the issue , as to the special tools - if you ask around you can most likely find a friendly person to help you out